Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed all of the directions and during the restart after installing it just sits on the - Loading Operating System... I tried the F12 option to select USBHDD that doesn't work either, it just sits on the same thing. I then tried loading my Disc and that will pop up the menu to choose USB or the current LION install, I click on Mac OS X Lion and it loads to the Grey screen with the Apple and that just stays there for eterintiy and never does anything else.

So after following the directions to the T how is this not working correctly?

Anthonyx82x said:
I followed all of the directions and during the restart after installing it just sits on the - Loading Operating System... I tried the F12 option to select USBHDD that doesn't work either, it just sits on the same thing. I then tried loading my Disc and that will pop up the menu to choose USB or the current LION install, I click on Mac OS X Lion and it loads to the Grey screen with the Apple and that just stays there for eterintiy and never does anything else.

I'm having the same problem.

Cesardrummer said:
Anthonyx82x said:

Yeah I don't get why it's not working, I'm sitting here trying to think of any reason for it not to be working, trying any work around, but I have nothing :crazy: :banghead:

Anthonyx82x said:
Cesardrummer said:
Anthonyx82x said:

Yeah I don't get why it's not working, I'm sitting here trying to think of any reason for it not to be working, trying any work around, but I have nothing :crazy: :banghead:
Same Ive been trying to figure this out sense the morning...

I'm going to try and use the BOOT Hard Drive I made when I installed over my Snow Leopard. That might work, hopefully. If Not I'll try to install from the USB Drive again. Tonight's going to be a long night, unless someone has some answers on here.

Anthonyx82x said:
I'm going to try and use the BOOT Hard Drive I made when I installed over my Snow Leopard. That might work, hopefully. If Not I'll try to install from the USB Drive again. Tonight's going to be a long night, unless someone has some answers on here.
Man your so lucky at least you got snow leopard I haven't installed this once I want to so badly! :p

I'm having this same problem and posted in the main build thread for the Customac Mini.

Hopefully someone will have fixed this problem and have a suggestion.

billbixbeed said:
I have a stock build of the CustomMac Mini. I have flashed the BIOS to F7, loaded optimum defaults, set the SATA drive to ACHI, and set the boot order for USB Flash, then Hard drive. I have also tried Hard Drive then USB flash. I did not change the graphics memory, because I could not find the setting for that in the BIOS.

I have tested my Unibeast flash drive by booting it from my Macbook, so I know it is a bootable drive.

When I attempt to boot my build, with the Unibeast Flash drive in any USB slot, here is what happens:

Power-F12-HARD DRIVE+-KINGSTON (etc)-black screen "loading operating system ..."

Power-F12-USB-HDD- black screen "loading operating system ..."

A couple of other people have reported this problem in a separate thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=37746&start=0

Any ideas for what to try next?

Thank you for your help.

Ok, I got it working. I reinstalled Lion on my USB drive using Unibeast, and it worked this time. Confusing, because I was able to boot my Macbook from the USB drive, but not my new hackintosh. So, if you are having a problem getting your Customac build to boot from USB, try making your boot drive again, it might fix your problem.

I'm stuck as well on the first boot up. I get the grey apple screen and then nothing.

file.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back