UniBeast on a non-English system

Discussion in 'UniBeast Archived Threads' started by Don_Grappler, May 20, 2013.

1. Don_Grappler

Don_Grappler

Mobo:
    HP Probook 4740s
    CPU:
    i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (Ivy Bridge-MB PGA SV)
    Graphics:
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge GT2), Radeon (not disabled)
    May 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM #1
    Don_Grappler

Don_Grappler

Mobo:
    HP Probook 4740s
    CPU:
    i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (Ivy Bridge-MB PGA SV)
    Graphics:
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge GT2), Radeon (not disabled)
    UniBeast seems to require an English language system for the following reason: It does not accept the install file under any other name than "Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion.app". And this file has different names, following the language of the downloading system. After manual renaming it automatically reverts to the localized name.

To use UniBeast on a non-English system, you can try the following:
    Make an alias of the install file and rename the alias to "Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion" (without the ".app"). This name will stick. If the alias is in the /Applications folder, UniBeast should resolve it and accept the install file despite its non-English name (at least it does on my system :D ).

If this trick doesn't work you'll have to change the system language: System Preferences > Language & Text: in the language list drag English to the top; close System Preferences, log out and back in again. After running UniBeast you can set the language back to your preference.

dg