Contribute
Register

Unibeast not showing the installer USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
To echo mholling, this seems to be the same problem i'm encountering. Using the 10.13.2 installer, the "Install from macOS High Sierra" option is missing from the usb drive's Clover boot menu. I've also tried both the Unibeast and createinstallmedia methods, with the same results.

To echo mholling, this seems to be the same problem i'm encountering. Using the 10.13.2 installer, the "Install from macOS High Sierra" option is missing from the usb drive's Clover boot menu. I've also tried both the Unibeast and createinstallmedia methods, with the same results.
UniBeast 8 Troubleshooting Notes said:
6. UniBeast will detect and only work with a valid purchased copy of High Sierra install application in /Applications.

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-8-troubleshooting-notes.235489/

I am also having this issue and am attempting to install 10.13.2.

I've built the usb drive on a vm, and on a macbook pro. Both failed to see the install option in Clover. The partition containing the installer shows up in the preboot.log in the /MISC folder, but not in the boot options.

I am having this same issue!! Please find attached my config

Specs:
- Intel i7 7700K
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 ITX/ac (tried revs P1.20, P2.20, P2.50)
- 32GB 2400 Corsair DDR4 RAM
- GeForce GTX 760
- 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2

Last time I had a Hackintosh was under Snow Leopard and I eventually broke down and bought a real MacBook because it kept crashing. Hope there's someone on this forum running macOS with real stability this time around!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 198
I am having this same issue!! Please find attached my config

Specs:
- Intel i7 7700K
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 ITX/ac (tried revs P1.20, P2.20, P2.50)
- 32GB 2400 Corsair DDR4 RAM
- GeForce GTX 760
- 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2

Last time I had a Hackintosh was under Snow Leopard and I eventually broke down and bought a real MacBook because it kept crashing. Hope there's someone on this forum running macOS with real stability this time around!
Is Search broken? There is a solution for this.

Is Search broken? There is a solution for this.

At first I started injecting the apfs.efi and received this message:
APFSStart:1454: Mounting with apfs_efi_osx-748.37.18
efi_container_create:1077: -efi_container_create, Status = 800000000000007

But still could not boot, so I tried this command:
rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia

And Clover now finds the install disk, but I am now stuck, as are many other users as evidenced by the Search function, at "HID Legacy Shim 2."

Search is not broken. Considering that others will stumble across this thread and are having the same issue, could we please post the solution here too? At least a link to the solution -- what harm would that do?

What is the solution that I have missed? A link would be more than welcome. Thanks!

And Clover now finds the install disk, but I am now stuck, as are many other users as evidenced by the Search function, at "HID Legacy Shim 2."
It worked for me by putting the Thumb drive inside a USB 2 port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back