Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
While the menu screens for "disk utility" have changed, I followed the instructions for creating a bootable USB with Unibeast 6.1.1 with El Capitan. Chose Legacy and Nvidia package as part of the Unibeast install/USB creation. After complete, moved Multibeast to USB and removed the USB from MacBook Pro.

This is actually a test build in older MSI P67A motherboard and Sandy Bridge i7, before upgrading the machine, using a spare 256 SSD which was upgraded to the current 500 SSD. Unplugged the 500 SSD with Windows and the 2TB HD, so only active drives are the target 256 SSD and of course the USB. Checked BIOS and system settings and only changes necessary were disabling USB 3.0 and setting the Lexar USB as the #1 boot device. Also, this is my second attempt. Yesterday had a different issue with the OS crashing, but today can't even get that far. At any rate, today starting "Fresh" with erasing USB, double-checking settings such as single partition, Guild, OS X extended, etc, prior to installing Unibeast.

Inserting the USB into the target PC, get error message "Reboot and Select proper boot device". Rechecked my settings and the USB is specified as #1 boot device.

Put the USB back in the MacBook Pro and checked "Disk Utility" again. Under "Info", clearly shows as "Not Bootable." Repeated the "Erase" and re-install Unibeast, but under the properties in the "Info" section, continues to show "not bootable".

Not a User Build - Moved to UniBeast.

Last evening tried again, but first deleted Unibeast and OSX and emptied trash then re-downloaded. Same result...not bootable. Today will buy another USB memory stick to see if that is an issue. Just don't know why Unibeast isn't making it bootable, where it did on my first attempt. There is another thread (not mine) that describes what experienced on the first attempt. Got as far as installing OSX on the SSD but on re-start (selecting either SSD or USB) OSX would attempt to load then flash script and crash, and unable to access Multibeast for finishing the install. Unclear on how he resolved it, but suddenly fixed. That is why thinking would start again with a fresh install...but now the computer won't recognize the USB to boot!

Unibeast not creating bootable USB - SEMI RESOLVED UPDATE, new problem.

SEMI-RESOLVED
After the fresh download of Unibeast and OS X (previous versions in trash/empty/reboot to totally clear) installation on new USB didn't appear bootable based on "Disk Utility" "Info", so printed the install log ready to post here...but try '1 more time' first. Disconnected the Windows SSD and data hard drive, where only options were the USB drive and the intended SSD to install OS X.

IT WORKED! USB recognized as boot device...but back to the system crash issue which started this entire process. Discussed in next post with screen photos attached.

Now booting, the USB Unibeast build options were: Legacy, Nvidia, OS X El Capitan and then manually copied Multibeast to USB. Destination: MSI P67A, Sandy Bridge i7, GTX-460, and a dedicated SSD for OS X. Disabled USB 3.0. As noted earlier, this is a test build to gain experience before I upgrade to Skylake and a stalling tactic to work out known issues with Skylake.

1) System menu brought up requesting what drive to boot from - Chose USB, ENTER
2) Clover Menu appears, chose "Boot Mac OS X from USB" of the 4 choices available, ENTER
3) Begins loading OS X (photo attached confirming) the flash screen message (photo attached). Never gets to the OS X welcome/installer screen
4) Step 1) above AUTO-STARTS all over again.

Please advise how to proceed to get out of this loop. Thanks.
IMG_0848.jpgIMG_0851.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back