Contribute
Register

UNIBEAST - No Disk Available To Install On (using Sandisk Cruzer Edge 8GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
I7-4770K
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

After accepting the licence agreement i am prompted with:

"No Disk Available To Install On"

The removable USB device is a Sandisk Cruzer Edge 8GB - SDCZ51-008G
(Master boot record / Mac OS Journaled 1 partition)

No entries printed in the install log:
osxtest01 james$ grep Unibeast /var/log/install.log
osxtest01 james$

Note:
I have found forum entries showing that other people with similar and/or sandisk devices having the same issues.
Is the solution to buy a different device or is there a work around for this issue ?

The issue is the device is not correctly reporting that it's a removable device. We have the removable device check to ensure that people aren't installing or trying to install over their boot drive (which is never removable).

I get the same error and UniBeast 3 recognizes it as a removable device so that is kind of strange.

I will not argue whether the device is correctly reporting whether it is a removable device or not.

It is however recognized by OSX to be a removable device.

That said, is there perhaps a work around in the software, a way to disable the check ?

I will not argue whether the device is correctly reporting whether it is a removable device or not.

It is however recognized by OSX to be a removable device.

That said, is there perhaps a work around in the software, a way to disable the check ?
The difference is that a working drive has a white icon while the drives with issues have orange icons.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/136813-note-unibeast-not-recognizing-usb-drives.html for a reason why there are issues with some USB drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back