Contribute
Register

Unibeast + Mountain lion : Black screen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, i have tried the suggestions on here, but to no avail. However, i have come across this:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...stead-login-requires-power-cycle-display.html

It talks about removing the fakeSMC kext that multibeast inserts called NVClockX.kext.

You can find it in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/NVClockX.kext

I haven't tried it yet, will come back with results soon! Hopefully this will solve other peoples issues

Ok my build did not have the NVinjectX kext, so i was stumped.

However, i decided to mess with my cable connections again. And i am happy to report that it works with GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot options, and with a DVI cable attached to the bottom port of my top GTX 580. Any other cable, the monitor goes on standby. I would love to try and get it to work with the Displayport, but i wouldnt want to tear my hair out anymore.

Hope this helps people!

The only thing that worked for me here was to activate the internal video and remove my video card.

try
-v -x PCIRootUID=0

I recently had this issue with:

Unibeast 3.0.1
Mavericks ESD
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
EVGA GTX Titan Black (SLI and single)

I removed lots of hardware like my hardware RAID adaptor, the second Titan blah blah until I finally hit the right combination of an ole GTX295 in the first PCIe slot (I tried it in another PCIe slot without success).

If you have an older nVidia card try using it for the install and upgrade once you have the web drivers installed.

To use the 295 I needed:

-v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000

Just use -x to boot to safe mode. That should at least get you to the login screen. From there you could install kexts from multibeast and reboot. You should not need to use the safe mode flag to boot after kext install on 2nd reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back