GTX 580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

Every time i boot up i get the apple logo with the spinning wheel. But after 5 seconds the screen output stops, which causes my screen to go to sleep.

I have tried to type some codes but still didn't manage to reach?

Either way, does just typing it and hit enter activate the phrase you typed? Or do I need to push another button?

System specs:
Asus P67 Sabertooth
i7 2600k
Asus WD caviar black 1TB
Asus Matrix GTX 580

try booting with PCIRootUID=0
also post system specs

Try GraphicsEnabler=No -f
It worked for me

Tried to use the commands, but failed. Is there a special button to execute the codes?

Black screen before login

I have almost the same problem, after upgrading to ML, it show GTX580 in the system info, then I tried to switch to gtx580 but before login monitor goes to sleep.
I tired many chameleon codes but no luck yet.
I have two graphics cards, ATI HD5770 it works and when I just switched cable to GTX580 it also works but not from BIOS. so in the bios HD5770 but on the monitor cable goes to GTX580. In this way both are working but GTX580 not working alone.

I have old hackintosh 2008 build.
GA-EP45-Extreme
intel quad core Q9650 3GHz
8GB of DDR2 Ram
two graphics cards Ga-Nvidia 580 1536MB, and Asus ATI HD5770 1GB
750 Watts power supply
I have no DSDT (using Cartri bios ;)

Any help for making GTX580 booting up please.
Thanks

Did anyone manage to come up with a solution to this? I have 2x GTX 580s, and having the exact same problem. Monitor goes to standby on boot. I've tried each port. Sometimes it boots, most of the time it doesn't. Its strange, it seems to do what it wants, when it wants!

What type of connection are you guys using? DVI? or HDMI?

Im using a DisplayPort, but ive tried both DVI and HDMI and its produced the same result. I had Lion working before through DisplayPort if that makes any difference!

Did you ever get this solved?

After using this clean install guide, searching this forum and a lot of trial and error I finally managed to get ML 10.8.2 running and everything working perfectly. Unfortunately then I updated Chameleon from the version with UniBeast to the most recent, and I get the no-video black screen problem unless I set GraphicsEnabler=No

Anyone have a suggestion to fix this problem?

GA-X58A-UD3R and ATI HD6850

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back