Graphics
Integrated HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a great time booting OSX on my PC. I've been kicking it around in my head for months and months and finally pulled the trigger. It was totally cool and I appreciate TonyMac and all the support everyone provides, and now I need you again. Thank you in advance.

I used UniBeast/App store version and userDSDT Multibeast 4.1 for post install

My system:

Intel Core i7 2600k
Intel HD 3000 GPU
GA-H67A-UD3H-B3, Rev 1.1, F6
8 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
1 TB Samsung HDD for OSX
1 TB WD HDD for Win 7
Sony Optiarc DVD
Dual Monitors, HP 2311 LED and HP 2009 LCD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 cooler
Cooler Master CMS 690 case

The good news is that it is very functional. Sleep works, ethernet works, sound works, USB works (although I haven't tried USB 3 yet), eSATA works. It is so close...

Now the challenges:

I can only use one monitor successfully, and it seems to be through DVI only. DVI becomes the primary monitor and the HDMI (or VGA for that matter) freezes on the Apple log screen. The HDMI monitor will become a mirrored display if I unplug the DVI and then plug it back in, but it is not a detected display, if that makes sense. The HDMI monitor will not display again if the computer goes to sleep.

Also, I have the Lion disk showing in the boot screen but not the Windows 7 disk. I bet it is important to note that I used it as a Win 7 machine for months before I Hackintoshed it.

So, I'm very new at this and history suggests strongly that I will get some help with this but I will probably need some more significant hand-holding than most of the users here. I am grateful, and having a great time as well.

A typo, should read the HDMI display freezes on the Apple Logo screen.

My apologies for my inexperience but is there any info someone might need to help me that I am not providing?

Thank you, thank you

I just had the same issue. You need to define your system as a MacMini5,1 using MultiBeast and you should be good.

Thank you so much. Worked like a charm. Still get a few screen artifacts but they tend to go away after a few minutes. Tweaking these systems may not be so hard for us non-tech's. I'm learning lots, and these tools are great! Thank you for the help.

I have a couple more quirks to work on but I'll try a few things on my own before I trouble the community. My courage is growing, and I may be building another one soon for the office!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back