Contribute
Register

Unibeast Mojave Install Hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I followed the link I posted earlier, and I've gotten past that freezing point. I've checked and all USB ports are enabled and everything is set properly. Now, however, I'm in a boot loop. I've attempted to capture the whole thing in a video, and I'll see if I can add a link to it here.

For now, I've attached the best screenshot I have of the last frame before this all restarted. It's definitely a kernal panic.

EDIT 1: Attached my current config.plist.

EDIT 2: Going to try the patch listed here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asrock-z390-phantom-gaming-itx-ac.265245/

Attachments

• P1000500.JPG
    P1000500.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 79
  • config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Yeah, even after including that patch, I'm still hitting a panic. Not sure if this is any different but here's the image.

Still sitting on this same error, and I've tried various adjustments in the BIOS and Clover settings to try and get past this point. Even tried the other available BIOS version to no avail.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears at this point.

Bumping up again because I'm still at the same place. :(

Okay, I've gone through the video of this panic frame by frame, and I think I've found the exact point. If anyone can help make heads or tails of this, I will forever be in your debt. I knew this process might be complicated and/or frustrating, but I wasn't expecting to be stuck pre-installation for a week. ^_^;;

Attachments

• panic.png
    panic.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 69
Sadly not.
For a clue look for the line that says Last kext loaded.
Thanks for the response. That appears to be "!AGraphicsDevicePolicy," screenshot below.

Attachments

• Panic2.png
    Panic2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
That appears to be "!AGraphicsDevicePolicy,"
Boot with an invalid ig-platform-id 0x12345678.
You can do this from the Clover menu or edit your config.plist - Graphics - ig-platform-id.

Boot with an invalid ig-platform-id 0x12345678.
You can do this from the Clover menu or edit your config.plist - Graphics - ig-platform-id.
Pilgrim, you are my hero! After lamenting over this for the last several days, that did it. I've made it to the installer screen. Thank you so much. :)

A new problem has unfortunately arrived. As stated earlier, I've been following THIS GUIDE, and I've gotten to the desktop. However, I'm unable to install Clover on the boot drive. When I try, I receive the error "The Installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Further, I am unable to mount any of the EFI partitions with the Clover Configurator, which I included on my USB drive. Also also, I'm not able to run Multibeast as I encounter a similar error. Should I forgo this guide, throw the USB back on my old iMac, and just copy paste all my other kexts onto the config.plist, and then re-install? Or is there something I've missed?

EDIT: I figured out the problem. I had to force it to not boot in safe mode, and now I can access things. So just in case anyone in the future is reading, make sure once you've got everything installed, you remove "-x" safe mode from your boot arguments. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back