Contribute
Register

Unibeast makes successful usb but doesn't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
What size are your USB sticks?

Also, you can always try removing all the Intel (and Radeon/AMD/ATI) from the USB (not possible with the Clover 'createinstallmedia' method). Remove AppleIntelFrame*, AppleIntelHD*, AppleIntelSNB*, AMD*. Save a backup of them all for post-install restore.

Also, instead of removing kexts, you can download: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/Mini-SSDT-DisableGraphics.aml

Place the file in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ssdt.aml (USB Clover installer/boot USB), or in /Extra/ssdt.aml for Unibeast based install.

If it works, it is a slightly cleaner method.

Still not sure why you're having trouble with this 4530s wrt to graphics... Should be interesting once you get through the install.

Hey guys I'm having similar issue, the USB was created fine but it won't boot to the installer, I've been stuck for days, please help!

i3-4330 Haswell
GA H87N wifi
1tb seagate hdd
8gb of ram
cd drive

Hey guys I'm having similar issue, the USB was created fine but it won't boot to the installer, I've been stuck for days, please help!

i3-4330 Haswell
GA H87N wifi
1tb seagate hdd
8gb of ram
cd drive

This forum is specific to HP ProBook laptops. Your specs seem to indicate desktop... Please post the appropriate desktop forum.

This forum is specific to HP ProBook laptops. Your specs seem to indicate desktop... Please post the appropriate desktop forum.
Sorry, didn't notice that, I've posted my problem on the desktop section, but I'm not getting any replies.

Same problem. I use a lenovo z580 laptop. But I'm running 10.8.4 but my unibeast 3.0.1, mac os 10.9.2 installer goes black after chameleon. Reformatted and remade USB twice.

I am going to try updating to 10.8.5 using combo update and then go from there...

Same problem. I use a lenovo z580 laptop. But I'm running 10.8.4 but my unibeast 3.0.1, mac os 10.9.2 installer goes black after chameleon. Reformatted and remade USB twice.

I am going to try updating to 10.8.5 using combo update and then go from there...

This forum is specific to the HP Probook. Post a separate thread in Mavericks Laptop Support.

Use an 8GB USB flash, if possible. If you only have a larger one, be sure to create only an 8GB partition.

I have a 16GB USB drive. Disk Utility won't let me create a partition of less than 16 GB. How do you do that?

I have a 16GB USB drive. Disk Utility won't let me create a partition of less than 16 GB. How do you do that?

Create two partitions. Second one "free space."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back