Contribute
Register

UniBeast Mac App Store Lion Installation Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez I'm in same situation!

Currently at 10.7.3 been avoiding going to 10.7.5 as I would like to go right to 10.8.

Of course I just erased my 10.7 UniBeast installer to do the 10.8 upgrade. Received the "signed with a certificate that has expired" warning... then of course the "The installation failed".

Why is there a restriction with this?

My workaround is using my laptop with 10.7.5 to build my USB UniBeast Installer.

But I wish UniBeast wasn't so restrictive/touchy with the OS it uses to build a USB Installer! Kinda non-productive really.

ok, I updated to 10.7.5.... nothing ... the same error...

How come is this happening, this is what is reading in the install log error:

Mar 11 22:02:08 Fionas-MacBook installd[361]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Mar 11 22:02:11 Fionas-MacBook installd[361]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “UniBeast - Lion 1.7.0”." UserInfo=0x7faaa9562970 {NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/LaSheku/Desktop/UniBeast%20Lion%201.7.0/UniBeast%20-%20Lion%201.7.0.pkg#dsmos.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.tonymacx86.UniBeast.Lion.multi.pkg, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “UniBeast - Lion 1.7.0”.} {
NSFilePath = "./preinstall";
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cUniBeast - Lion 1.7.0\U201d.";
NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/LaSheku/Desktop/UniBeast%20Lion%201.7.0/UniBeast%20-%20Lion%201.7.0.pkg#dsmos.pkg";
PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.tonymacx86.UniBeast.Lion.multi.pkg";
}
Mar 11 22:02:11 Fionas-MacBook Installer[351]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Mar 11 22:02:11 Fionas-MacBook Installer[351]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Mar 11 22:02:11 Fionas-MacBook Installer[351]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

More then 40 days looking for a solution!!!

THANKS A LOT

I totally gave up, more than 40 days stuck...I had to install Windows to start working.... lost money but that s ok... Unibeast 1.6 worked for me, but 1.7 did not, when I have time again I will try again but I would really like to find the 1.6 installer to avoid more headaches...
Thanks a lot
UniBeast 1.6 is not supported and no longer available.

Any search for and use of it will be treated as piracy and will result in a permanent ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back