Contribute
Register

Unibeast Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try that cpu now. And try renaming the extension.

Ok I got the pdf to work it was just a corrupt file from the install about stacks pdf works fine. I just swapped the cpu from the i3 2nd gen to the i5 3rd gen and i don't even get a kernel panic it shows the apple logo then flashes and recycles like the GSOD(grey screen of death) I've seen peopole say that its not good to mix and ivy bridge processor with a sandy bridge board but there has to be a way windows and linux work just fine so should apple even if it's less tolerance of a system

Ok I got the pdf to work it was just a corrupt file from the install about stacks pdf works fine. I just swapped the cpu from the i3 2nd gen to the i5 3rd gen and i don't even get a kernel panic it shows the apple logo then flashes and recycles like the GSOD(grey screen of death) I've seen peopole say that its not good to mix and ivy bridge processor with a sandy bridge board but there has to be a way windows and linux work just fine so should apple even if it's less tolerance of a system

I have a SB cpu in an "Ivy " board. Boot -v -f -x.

I have a SB cpu in an "Ivy " board. Boot -v -f -x.
Booted using the unibeast usb and typed commands and system recycles after going through a list of driver and kernel commands. I tried to boot single user mode and I booted each time with just one command executed as in -v -f -x all commands alone. I still get a recycle starts loading then reboots system so I am back at square one. system runs perfect with the sandy bridge processor just want my ivy bridge processor to work on this sandy bridge mofo mobo

Booted using the unibeast usb and typed commands and system recycles after going through a list of driver and kernel commands. I tried to boot single user mode and I booted each time with just one command executed as in -v -f -x all commands alone. I still get a recycle starts loading then reboots system so I am back at square one. system runs perfect with the sandy bridge processor just want my ivy bridge processor to work on this sandy bridge mofo mobo

Did you update the bios?

Did you update the bios?
The Bios is current f12 for this particular motherboard I had to borrow a i3 2120 from work to re-flash the bios to get my i5 to work again. again thank you tremendously i got my very first hackintosh to work with your guidance. Just not with my personal cpu lol i don't think my job will let me borrow it indefinitely and i don't really want to fork out another 200 or so dollars on either a motherboard or processor. Any and all Ideas would be aprreciated. For the record in case I maybe miscommunicated my hardware

my board is a ga-z68x-ud3h
the bios is f12(current)
my cpu i53570K(not-overclocked)
my memory is 16gb (2X8gb) of corsair xms 1600 memory
my video card is Saphire HD6850 1gbGDDR

Just a question, did you TRY bridgehelper?

KoalaMan thanks once again for pointing me in the right direction I will attempt to try the ivybridge patch didn't know about it. I see patching the kernel manual I'll let you know how it goes. You've been a tremendous help in getting my first build going

ok I finally got it to load and boot into the system so i know i got all the kets files needed i turned off sleep mode but still after 15 mins it panics saying I need to hold down the power button. I'm assuming its a kernel panic but nothing comes up to say what's causing the panic it just freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back