Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Having some issues making a Unibeast install usb running through the software install for unibeast shows no option for lion app install. I have lion but I'm not sure if the version I have will work. I bought a macbook pro and have a free upgrade from last year. I've installed lion on my MBP and done the simply walk through to make a Unibeast install usb but there is no option for installing the app. I'm not sure what the problem is I've installed Unibeast and added the lion app afterwards all to know avail. I'm wondering what it is I'm doing something wrong any help would be appreciated. I also have included a screenshot of the install of Unibeast I've even made a duplicate of lion install on my desktop because it wouldn't see it in my application folder. Thank you in advance

Ray

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 4.51.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 4.51.59 PM.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 686
Having some issues making a Unibeast install usb running through the software install for unibeast shows no option for lion app install. I have lion but I'm not sure if the version I have will work. I bought a macbook pro and have a free upgrade from last year. I've installed lion on my MBP and done the simply walk through to make a Unibeast install usb but there is no option for installing the app. I'm not sure what the problem is I've installed Unibeast and added the lion app afterwards all to know avail. I'm wondering what it is I'm doing something wrong any help would be appreciated. I also have included a screenshot of the install of Unibeast I've even made a duplicate of lion install on my desktop because it wouldn't see it in my application folder. Thank you in advance

Ray

Did you use UniBeast for Lion? There are two versions- one for Lion and one for Mountain Lion.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=133

Yes I did use the one for Lion even on the screen shot I attached you can clearly see that it says "Install UniBeast Mac App Store Lion" so I know I'm using the correct installer and you might want to take a look at the .png file I attach just to be sure. I'm a little baffled as to why there is no selection for the lion app

Yes I did use the one for Lion even on the screen shot I attached you can clearly see that it says "Install UniBeast Mac App Store Lion" so I know I'm using the correct installer and you might want to take a look at the .png file I attach just to be sure. I'm a little baffled as to why there is no selection for the lion app

It automatically detects it. There is nothing to select. The options are for if you need laptop and legacy support. You don't need to select the app in Unibeast.

Thanks for that little bit of info koala man but i saw a on tutorials on making a Lion Unibeast install usb and it shows that so I was a bit confused I did make it successfully but when selecting the usb install the computer recycles and I'm back to square one

Thanks for that little bit of info koala man but i saw a on tutorials on making a Lion Unibeast install usb and it shows that so I was a bit confused I did make it successfully but when selecting the usb install the computer recycles and I'm back to square one

Just follow the directions correctly, and you'll be fine.

I bought everything here in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spEJ3AA7HPQ the only thing that's different is that I have 16gb of ram (2x8gb) instead of (4X4) and the ssd is different could it be the memory of 2x8 versus 4x4? Still a little confused as to why this isn't installing

Unibeast comes up to install I get a quick flash of the apple logo but thats it. Afterwards the system restarts itself is there something I'm missing? Ive already loaded windows 7 on a different hard drive so I know the system is working properly just can't quite get the the apple install gui

Well after many attempts and many failures I still don't really know what to do. I've installed many different versions of OS X on apple specific systems and I'm A+ certified in windows. I've never done the Hackintosh so it was just a learning curve for cross platform software. I've done bootcamp many times but never OS X on a bios based motherboard. I switched out the memory to 8gb of ram (2x4gb) and still after selecting the usb installer the apple logo appears for a brief second and the the computer restarts any ideas would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back