Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Got my box together with following:
Gigabyte GA Z68X UD3H-B3 @ Bios F10
i7 2600k - running at base (no OC)
16GB Corsair 1600 (only single stick 4GB Installed)
H60 Cooler
EVGA 560Ti GPU
1TB Hitachi Sata
Sony Optriac DVD

- Loaded Optimal Defaults and Set my BIOS to SMART Enabled, ACHI and HPET to 64-Bit
- Made the Unibeast USB as per tonymac's method (on Kingston DataTraveler 8GB)
- Set my USB HDD as priority and boot

I get Loading Operating System screen and it freezes and sits there. After few tries I got as far as it trying to load (same screen) but I saw the . . . (dots) progressing but it froze again after 20seconds. It won't load any Chimera screen or anything.

What's going on? My USB I was able to mount on a mac and I saw the Install Lion File in there. Any ideas please?
Thanks
PG

NVM. Figured it out.

It was the USB connector on the board.

Thanks

So is it working now?

Yes it is. One of the ports on the Board doesn't like that it boots from.
Thanks

@plexguy, can you please shed more info on how you resolved this? i have a ga h61m-s2v-b3 and am encountering the same problem. how did you troubleshoot this? is there a systematic way or did you just try plugging in the usb stick in to each an every usb port until it finally worked?

I was also getting this error with the same board and an i5. Strange because I managed to boot and install Lion but on the first restart I got this Loading Operating System hang. I just tried another USB port and it went through.

Turns out my kingston usb stick was corrupt. Reinstalles using a transcent usb and it worked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back