ASRock Z97 Pro4
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 560
Hi folks,

ASRock Z97 Pro4 (most recent BIOS)
8GB Ram
Saphhire Radeon Pulse RX 560 2GB (I ditched Nvidia so I can upgrade to Mojave)
Main drive is a 256 GB SSD
I also have a 500GB spinning hard drive with an old install on it. It is currently unplugged for install and not used.

This machine was previously a stable El-Cap setup, I had none of these problems with unibeast or my clover bootloader in the past.

I formatted a thumbdrive (into a USB 3.0 slot) per the instructions and used Unibeast to install Mojave on it.
-------

Problem: It doesn't always boot up. Sometimes it spams some error codes to the screen. Sometimes it will boot into clover, but there is no option to continue. A single green clover icon and no way to continue. At times, the mouse and keyboard won't work in clover. I've googled around and searched the forums...I see stuff that is kind of adjacent to this, but not really what I'm seeing. Any tips would be appreciated.

I've also attached an example of the onscreen errrors.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
  • Image-45.jpg
    Image-45.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 47
Hi folks,

8GB Ram
I also have a 500GB spinning hard drive with an old install on it. It is currently unplugged for install and not used.

This machine was previously a stable El-Cap setup, I had none of these problems with unibeast or my clover bootloader in the past.

I formatted a thumbdrive (into a USB 3.0 slot) per the instructions and used Unibeast to install Mojave on it.
-------

Problem: It doesn't always boot up. Sometimes it spams some error codes to the screen. Sometimes it will boot into clover, but there is no option to continue. A single green clover icon and no way to continue. At times, the mouse and keyboard won't work in clover. I've googled around and searched the forums...I see stuff that is kind of adjacent to this, but not really what I'm seeing. Any tips would be appreciated.

Your Unibeast installer is in Legacy boot or UEFI boot?

Hi folks,

8GB Ram

-------

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER FileTree.png
    1.CLOVER FileTree.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 59
Sorry, I thought I had everything and I missed legacy (Yup, it's legacy boot). Thanks, I will check that out. I assume these have to be manually patched into the EFI partition on the thumb drive? The last time I did this, Unibeast did all the magics.

Sorry, I thought I had everything and I missed legacy (Yup, it's legacy boot). Thanks, I will check that out. I assume these have to be manually patched into the EFI partition on the thumb drive? The last time I did this, Unibeast did all the magics.
Your
  • Please add your Hardware to Profile by filling blanks in Account details page for the Hardware SPECS.
  • Since your MoBo is ASRock Z97 Pro4, you may be better off installing in the more advanced UEFI Mode.

Yes, this was the problem. I switched from legacy because I couldn't get the motherboard to detect the USB key. I changed a bio setting to force it and it would take it after that and now I can boot into the installer.

In the BIOS there is a line for "Legacy USB Support". I had it as "enabled". I switched it to UEFI only and it started to pick up the UEFI thumbdrive, and clover allows boot into Mojave. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back