Contribute
Register

Unibeast installer hang at [ PCI configuration end ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should probably try Clover.
I've created a clover USB installer using Clover r2953, injected the latest FakeSMC & NullCPUPM, and then tried to boot.

I am getting a boot hang at "mbinit: done [64mb] total pool size". Picture is attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 451
NullCPU is not needed with Clover. I'd recommend you use information (config.plist, etc) from the ProBook guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Be careful to filter HP specific drivers/etc.

I placed from the thread for HD 4000 the config.plist in my clover installation, but booting with just verbose gives the same results as with Unibeast. I added cpus=1 and I got the same thing except two added lines consisting of:

"AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 0079
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: (built 00.11.36 Sep 19 2014) Initialization Complete"

I placed from the thread for HD 4000 the config.plist in my clover installation, but booting with just verbose gives the same results as with Unibeast. I added cpus=1 and I got the same thing except two added lines consisting of:

"AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 0079
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: (built 00.11.36 Sep 19 2014) Initialization Complete"

Also use the version of Clover provided there, not just the config.plist.

No other ideas without photo.

Also use the version of Clover provided there, not just the config.plist.

No other ideas without photo.

I created a unibeast installer again, and added GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.7 to /Extra/Extensions and the verbose boot now goes past [PCI Configuration end ] Things are looking good now.

I'll set the topic as *solved* when I can boot to the installer fully, And will keep this post updated with progress..

I created a unibeast installer again, and added GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.7 to /Extra/Extensions and the verbose boot now goes past [PCI Configuration end ] Things are looking good now.

I'll set the topic as *solved* when I can boot to the installer fully, And will keep this post updated with progress..

I would not recommend v1.2.7 unless it has been built with the 10.10 SDK. Any version of GenericUSBXHCI.kext not specifically built for Yosemite is not compatible with Yosemite.

I built a version of the latest: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Yes, it is probably a 1.2.7 built with the 10.10 SDK.

I'm now getting a hang at "DSMOS has arrived".. I've had this before and it's a graphics issue, if my memory serves right I just have to delete the intel graphics drivers.. My question is the last time I did this, my mavericks installation had no QE/CI, and I had no idea how to fix it..

Theres also a ton of weird messages about stuff I don't understand, I've attached a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    761.5 KB · Views: 292
I'm now getting a hang at "DSMOS has arrived".. I've had this before and it's a graphics issue, if my memory serves right I just have to delete the intel graphics drivers.. My question is the last time I did this, my mavericks installation had no QE/CI, and I had no idea how to fix it..

Theres also a ton of weird messages about stuff I don't understand, I've attached a picture.

Best to not delete the graphics drivers. You need them to make QE/CI work.

Better to determine which ig-platform-id your system needs...

Is this using Clover? If so, post config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back