1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I decided to do a fresh install of Yosemite on my Zenbook UX31A laptop, and after setting up the unibeast installer and booting, I cannot get past [ PCI configuration end, bridges 3, devices 13 ].

Sometimes, I will get 2 lines from ApplePS2Controller, but nothing past that. With mavericks I was able to boot with -x.

Specs are in my profile, but I'll list them again here.

Zenbook UX31A

Ivy Bridge i5-3317u
Intel HD4000 Graphics
128Gb Sandisk SSD
Wifi chip not supported, using TP Link-WN725N

I've tried booting with the following combinations:
-v -x
-v
-v PCIRootUID=0/1
-v -x npci=0x3000/npci=0x2000

Any ideas?

Hi, I decided to do a fresh install of Yosemite on my Zenbook UX31A laptop, and after setting up the unibeast installer and booting, I cannot get past [ PCI configuration end, bridges 3, devices 13 ].

Sometimes, I will get 2 lines from ApplePS2Controller, but nothing past that. With mavericks I was able to boot with -x.

Specs are in my profile, but I'll list them again here.

Zenbook UX31A

Ivy Bridge i5-3317u
Intel HD4000 Graphics
128Gb Sandisk SSD
Wifi chip not supported, using TP Link-WN725N

I've tried booting with the following combinations:
-v -x
-v
-v PCIRootUID=0/1
-v -x npci=0x3000/npci=0x2000

Any ideas?

Post a photo if you want ideas...

Have you tried Clover?

I have tried using clover, but the same results come up when trying to boot to the installer.
I do already have a Mavericks installation with clover installed on the EFI partition, but whenever it boots it goes to a grey screen, then restarts.

Attachments

• Boot hang -v.JPG
    Boot hang -v.JPG
    597.8 KB · Views: 1,845
I have tried using clover, but the same results come up when trying to boot to the installer.
I do already have a Mavericks installation with clover installed on the EFI partition, but whenever it boots it goes to a grey screen, then restarts.

Are you using a rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext? Check what you have in /Extra/Extensions (I'm assuming this verbose boot is from Chimera bootloader).

Are you using a rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext? Check what you have in /Extra/Extensions (I'm assuming this verbose boot is from Chimera bootloader).

I'm not sure exactly how to tell if I'm using a rollback version, but when I go to Show package contents > Contents > version.plist in AppleACPIPlatform it shows "Buildversion" is 12.

I'm not sure exactly how to tell if I'm using a rollback version, but when I go to Show package contents > Contents > version.plist in AppleACPIPlatform it shows "Buildversion" is 12.

If you have an AppleACPIPlatform.kext in /Extra/Extensions, it is a rollback. Remove it.

If you have an AppleACPIPlatform.kext in /Extra/Extensions, it is a rollback. Remove it.
After removing AppleACPIPlatform.kext from /Extra/Extensions I get a hang at "SMC: successfully initialized".

I will try some other boot flags and see if anything helps.

After removing AppleACPIPlatform.kext from /Extra/Extensions I get a hang at "SMC: successfully initialized".

I will try some other boot flags and see if anything helps.

Post photo.

Post photo.

I tried some other flags but no avail, restarted to take a photo of the hang and now it's back to a hang at "PCI Configuration end".

Removing AppleACPIPlatform did remove the errors saying "cant load kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC - link failed"

I've attached a picture of verbose boot after removing ACPIPlatform.

Attachments

• no ACPIPlatform.jpg
    no ACPIPlatform.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 1,182
You could maybe try dart=0 boot flag if u haven't disabled vt-d in your bios prob won't work as i am a noob but try anyway :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back