Contribute
Register

Unibeast installer hang at [ PCI configuration end ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already done that, and besides vt-d is already disabled. Thanks for the suggestion though

I tried some other flags but no avail, restarted to take a photo of the hang and now it's back to a hang at "PCI Configuration end".

Removing AppleACPIPlatform did remove the errors saying "cant load kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC - link failed"

I've attached a picture of verbose boot after removing ACPIPlatform.

What is in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

What is in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

my org.chameleon.boot.plist is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

my org.chameleon.boot.plist is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Try with npci=0x2000

Try with npci=0x2000
Unfortunately the results are the same as before, nothing changed.
could the problem be something to do with my existing Mavericks install? I've never had this problem before, and it started around the time this installation stopped working.

Unfortunately the results are the same as before, nothing changed.
could the problem be something to do with my existing Mavericks install? I've never had this problem before, and it started around the time this installation stopped working.

What 'installation' stopped working?

Could be BIOS settings problem...

What 'installation' stopped working?

Could be BIOS settings problem...

I had installed Mavericks 10.9.4 on my laptop using unibeast. Chimera was not showing up on the bios, and if I moved it to the EFI partition then my bios would lock down and not let me add a boot option, so I tried clover. Clover worked, gave me a UEFI boot option and that was good. I was working on getting audio, graphics ecceleration, and power management working. I restarted after applying some fixes, and I couldn't boot without -x, so I tried to fix it, but then after booting I would get a grey screen and the computer just restarted, going on a loop. Nothing I tried could fix it, so I gave up for the night and decided to re-install in the morning.

That was about 2 days ago, just when Yosemite came out. I tried to re-install mavericks with a clover installer and got the PCi-configuration end hang, and so I tried to install Yosemite with Unibeast. That brings me to now, with the same PCI-configuration end hang, and both times with a broken mavericks installation.

My bios settings are:
Vt-d = off
Intel Virtualization Tech = off
AHCI is on
Secure boot mode off
CSM is on for Unibeast, off for clover

Those were all the settings I was told were necessary, and back in March when I installed Mavericks for the first time these setting worked.

I had installed Mavericks 10.9.4 on my laptop using unibeast. Chimera was not showing up on the bios, and if I moved it to the EFI partition then my bios would lock down and not let me add a boot option, so I tried clover. Clover worked, gave me a UEFI boot option and that was good. I was working on getting audio, graphics ecceleration, and power management working. I restarted after applying some fixes, and I couldn't boot without -x, so I tried to fix it, but then after booting I would get a grey screen and the computer just restarted, going on a loop. Nothing I tried could fix it, so I gave up for the night and decided to re-install in the morning.

That was about 2 days ago, just when Yosemite came out. I tried to re-install mavericks with a clover installer and got the PCi-configuration end hang, and so I tried to install Yosemite with Unibeast. That brings me to now, with the same PCI-configuration end hang, and both times with a broken mavericks installation.

My bios settings are:
Vt-d = off
Intel Virtualization Tech = off
AHCI is on
Secure boot mode off
CSM is on for Unibeast, off for clover

Those were all the settings I was told were necessary, and back in March when I installed Mavericks for the first time these setting worked.

Is DEP enabled? Probably a good idea to reset BIOS defaults, then change required settings.

Is DEP enabled? Probably a good idea to reset BIOS defaults, then change required settings.
I've reset the bios and changed the necessary settings, I do not see any option for DEP in my BIOS.
After restting the BIOS and restarting I get the same thing but this time it hangs at "SMC: Successfully Initialized"

I've attached a picture.

Attachments

• SMC initialized.jpg
    SMC initialized.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 341
I've reset the bios and changed the necessary settings, I do not see any option for DEP in my BIOS.
After restting the BIOS and restarting I get the same thing but this time it hangs at "SMC: Successfully Initialized"

I've attached a picture.

You should probably try Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back