Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much!

Yosemite 10.10.1, everything works perfectly (GraphicsEnabled=Yes) :)

ASUS P7H55-M
NVIDIA GT-240 1GB
i5 8Gb ram

Thanks for the guide. Great help!!

This is wonderful, thanks for your efforts gentlemen, this is my - to me fully operational (except iMessage but I don't use it anyway) Hackintosh. This is my system:

1. GA Z97N-WIFI w/ Intel 4790K + 16GB RAM in a CoolerMaster enclosure
  2. WIFI replaced by AW-CE123H, handoff and 5G working perfectly, Intel LAN also working
  3. Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
  4. Several SSDs and WD 4TB Harddrive, external LG BD
  5. LG Ultrawide (3440x1440) Monitor (love it!)
  6. Apple Al-Keyboard and Trackpad
  7. Sound ALC892 mainly feeding the Denon DA-300USB
Just amazing! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Work perfectly with my asus z97-k and my GTX 980 :D

I was able to update from Mavericks to Yosemite, I did not have any issues.
The steps I followed:
1. setup the BIOS per the TonyMac instructions. see below
2. Back up my OS (just in case I run into any issues).
3. download and created Unibeast per TonyMac instructions
4. Booted to the USB drive and installed Yosemite. I did not partition the hard drive.
5. Stepped through the installation. Used the Unibeast thumb drive to boot into OSX Yosemite, installed all the drivers I needed and rebooted the machine. The machine came right up and I logged in.

Now, the particulars of my machine are as fellows
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5h rev 1 and bios f14
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivybridge
Nvidia GTX 660
16 Gigs of RAM

Bios settings, in my case I have a Win8.1 64bit partition that I run 64 bit VMs on so I did not disable the virtual settings in the bios, I personally have not had any issues with this and I believe from what I've read you only need to do so if you have a non K CPU
Using Multibeast I used the DSDT free option, installed only the drivers I needed, Realtek 898 for audio and AppleIE1000e V3.1.0 for network. I ejected the thumb drive rebooted the machine and it came up. Only issue I had was no sound. To fix that I opened System Preferences >Sound and changed Sound Effects and Output to "Internal Speakers"

Things I did not do. Use the USB 3, I have left those ports empty because in the past I had issues with waking, my keyboard and mouse would not come back. So far its always worked fine with out it. The iMessage, I couldn't tell you if it works or not as I do not have an iPhone so its never been an issue to me.

I hope that helps a bit to answer the question if you can upgrade. Its working pretty nicely for me.

Thanks bmanhawks and Tonymac, your solution has just help me solve the network (Ethernet) issue as I now can connect to the Internet using my Ethernet cable! The only issue now left is the sound - there don't seem to be options in the Sound Effects and Output. The only option available is the USB Codec (my Tape2PC & VCR2PC) which I use to convert Tapes/VHS to digital. Could you think of any other way round the sound issue? Would be really appreciated. Many thanks

I finally figured what i did wrong and felt my gut about it too, i guess it was a while and should've listen to it,

I didn't use the
Quick Start>DSDT Free​
and then the rest of what I needed, feel like a complete dumass about it. no wonder my backup save for mavericks wasn't working, feel like an idiot now. (kingdom hearts style "jeez I'm n idiot")

After many tries at installing Yosemite on my Gigabyte z68a board I was about to give up and stick with mavericks, so I decided to update the bios to the uefi bios and restarted and sure enough Yosemite booted up with just easybeast install audio and network works without choosing them from multibeast my system on a core i5 is excellent. so I think if anyone is having problems with install try to update to a uefi bios if its available. So thanks to the community for everything.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Been fighting with this for a week, update my GA Z68MA-UD3-B3 to the UEFI bios and first try its alive with just GraphicsEnabler=Yes (gtx 580)
Using dsdt free and iMac 13,1 since it has a ivy bridge CPU.

Have not tested anything, just excited I got it to boot for the first time in a week!

Anyone have solution for WIFI ? (for Rampage 4 Black Edition in particular)
I've tried a few kext updates being shown around the place,
but no networks appear when it searches etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back