Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH Z77 Motherboard and GIGABYTE GTX 770 Video Card. Tried to update to Yosemite following all instructions, fail again and again on "system uptime...". Finally figured out the problem: I had also installed an HP NC360T dual gigabit ethernet board. Using AppleIntel driver 3.10 on Mavericks this card worked, and allowed me to use jumbo frames. Unfortunately crashes in Yosemite. Removed the card and used built-in ethernet (no jumbo frames though) and it now boots.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

kenmac; PROBLEM 2 - No Audio After Sleep After wake up from sleep there is no audio. SOLUTION: Credit to: user codf4ther ([url said:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/144256-no-audio-after-sleep-yosemite-alc892-3.html[/url])

a) Run MultiBeast 7.0 and select the following options:
. Customize > System Definitions > iMac 14,2 (for i5 4670K Haswell)

NOTE: don’t use Mac mini 6.1 as it results in “Thunderbolt Firmware 1.2” Software Update that
cannot be hidden or installed successfully.

On restart
-> audio now works upon wake up from sleep

Thank you kenmac for the tip to define the build as iMac 14.2. Though not being a huge problem but rather annoying I am really happy to get rid of that audio problem.
Also, thanks to tonymacx86 for the excellent guide.

Yosemite 10.10
Everything works smooth.
Thank you very much

Yosemite intalls- most excellent - no audio Asus P8P67 Deluxe
We are a big fan of the TonyMac website and have been using it for guidance probably for close to 5 years. We have 9 Hackintosh systems. Well after suffering with Mavericks for the better part of a year on many of our Non-Linear Editing systems we decided to slowly, one machine at a time try Yosemite. Overall the experience has been positive with the upgrades working well and we appreciate the speed and cleaner interface of Yosemite once installed. I thought it might be helpful for readers for us to provide some of our experiences and solutions and also hopefully get an answer to one remaining problem.

Our first upgrade was for a GA-Z77N-WiFi IPX MB with an Ivy Bridge i5, 16 gig of ram and no video card running Mavericks and used with a Blackmagic mini-recorder as a small, portable streaming and recording machine. We built the USB stick with the downloaded Yosemite install file and had a flawless install. However once the OS was installed, we tried booting from the new OS drive and the computer got a "Mach Kernel" error and wouldn't boot. We believed this was due to the earlier Chimera file associated with Mavericks not finding the Mavericks OS. We opened up the computer and connected the boot drive as an external drive to a working system. We then ran the Multibeast for Yosemite. Multibeast allows you to select the drive you want to install files on and we selected the external drive and ran the setup installing the drivers for audio and the network card. We then disconnected the boot drive from the working computer and plugged it back into it's sata cable. From this point it booted perfectly and ran perfectly.

Our second computer was a GA-Z87MS-D3H with an i7 4770 Haswell, 16 gig of ram and GTX 760 graphic card. This machine had only been used as a PC using a solid state boot drive. We wanted dual boot so for us the easiest thing was a clean install on a separate SSD. This one was a piece of cake to get Yosemite running. We used the USB install drive and once the system was installed we booted again from the USB stick and at the Chameleon screen chose our new SSD boot drive. This machine booted and once it did we installed Multibeast files. It ran perfectly and is very stable. Our only issue was that for the install we used the HDMI connection on the motherboard, once the OS was installed and running all we saw was a blue screen though the cursor was active. It dawned on us that what we were seeing was an extended screen and we then plugged in DVI to the graphic card and there was our desktop. One lingering inconvenience was that the original Windows 7 install created a boot partition and booting from Chameleon into Windows won't work as the boot files aren't there and the boot partition doesn't show on the Chameleon screen. So to boot into Windows instead of from the normal Chameleon screen we need to boot the Windows partition by holding F12 on booting and select the Windows boot partition in the bios. It's no big deal but is a workaround for anyone with a similar situation.

Our third computer so far, an older Asus P8P67 Deluxe MB has been the most problematic. It has an Ivy Bridge i5 with 16 gig of ram and a Radeon 6000 series graphic card. This system was running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. We used the USB stick to install the operating system. Originally we had it plugged into a USB 3 slot and the computer got as far as a grey screen and then gave us the circle with the diagonal line through it and quit installing. On a hunch we took the USB stick out and plugged it into a USB 2 port and then the computer saw it and did the install all the way through. Once the OS was installed we tried booting from the USB stick and selecting the new hard drive. It wouldn't boot except in safe mode. We ran Multibeast and again it would only boot in safe mode. With safe mode we had no audio. From there we updated the bios to the latest version and tried again. After the update that caused a kernel panic during booting. Looking at the kernel panic we saw that it was a function of power management. With a little research on the TonyMac forum we got a hint to install the "NullCPU Power Management" kext in Multibeast. Once we did this the system booted without resorting to safe mode and we went back to Multibeast and installed the ALC 889 kext for DSDT free and the kext for the network card. Still no audio. On this we are looking for some help. I'm wondering if I should use a user DSDT or what. The system is stable and works fine, except it has no audio. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Forgot to mention that by using a USB sound adapter we are able to get functioning sound. It just would be great to get the MB audio to work

Will this procedure work with Mountain Lion, as I already have it downloaded? Looking to load on ASUS H97-Plus mobo with ssd.

Will this procedure work with Mountain Lion, as I already have it downloaded? Looking to load on ASUS H97-Plus mobo with ssd.

Yes, it will work but you must use Multibeast for Mountain Lion version 5.5.5 for the post
install of the kexts you'll need for your system.

There are different versions for each OS version in the downloads section.

Somebody is deleting my comments. Why?

It may have something to do with Post #167

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back