Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

hi installed Yosemite, all went perfect.. But have no sound and no ethernet, i'm using a gigabyte GA-Z77N-wifi.. use ALC892 for sound and Realtek RTL8169 for ethernet as i did with ML & Maverick.. But they don't work on Yosemite, i'm i the only one, or are we waiting for updates?

I am about to update this board myself and would like to find the fix as well. :)

Anybody having sound issues read the posts. Yosemite handles audio differently. You now have to set 'internal speakers' under preferences and manually add the sound icon to the menu bar.

I ended up having to load the ALC892 kexts from Multibeast 6.1.0 to get sound on my GA-Z87MX-D3H board. Sound is now fully working.

sound issues were solved on my board by setting XHCI mode to Auto and enabling EHCI hand-off

iMessage and Facetime resolved by booting with my original bios settings that i installed with, which was optimised defaults and vt-d disabled and then reverting back (thought that one up all by myself and it worked!!!)

sleep,wake... everything works except thunderbolt but It's a driver issue as mine show up as PCI cards when i think they should show as PCIe cards which i can't remember where i read but it was something like that.

The difference from the Mavericks build to this is just beyond words as to how informative and easy you guys have made this.

I took an expensive gamble buying the kit and its paid off.....

Thank you so so much.

Hi,

I had mavericks working 100%, except iMessage stopped working after a while.
But after I upgraded to Yosemite (refering to tony's guide) everything works except one thing - the internet.
Don't get me wrong, the wifi works and connects to my networks (which do work on other devices).
I can even nslookup with success, but ping returns "ping: cannot resolve google.com: Unknown host".

I have googled for days after DNS related issues and tried resetting DNS cache and more.
I am able to access the router as well. It's simply "everything" else that's not working.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Regards
- Fred

Hi,

I had mavericks working 100%, except iMessage stopped working after a while.
But after I upgraded to Yosemite (refering to tony's guide) everything works except one thing - the internet.
Don't get me wrong, the wifi works and connects to my networks (which do work on other devices).
I can even nslookup with success, but ping returns "ping: cannot resolve google.com: Unknown host".

I have googled for days after DNS related issues and tried resetting DNS cache and more.
I am able to access the router as well. It's simply "everything" else that's not working.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Regards
- Fred

See Post #168 - Link

Thank you.
- Fred

See Post #168.

possibly the best install and guide ever in my opinion... big thanks to the team! My system is humming!:D

Upgraded my GA-Z77-UP5 TH to 10.10 using UniBeast/MultiBeast. Thanks Tonymac for making this pretty painless.

-bth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back