Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Works like a charm, had some problems with kernel panic and mach_kernel, but solved with maxmem=4096 , will post the install guide on apropriate forum

Tyvm

Last edited:
Just wanted to thank everyone who helped to create UniBeast 5.0.1, MultiBeast 7.0.1, and Chimera 4 for the
brilliant work! I used these tools to install Yosemite on my Hackintosh which is now working flawlessly.
I had issues during the install because I failed to boot directly from USB and was instead relying on Chimera 3
(installed alongside previous 10.9 Mavericks install), and because I forgot to disable Virtualization in the BIOS.
Once I fixed those and used MultiBeast 7 to install the 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback (along with
all of the other correct settings for my machine), everything (sound, network, sleep, camera's, USB 3 devices,
USB 3 HUB, Time Machine, Migration Assistant, etc.) "Just Works"!
Bravo tonymacx86.com!
My machine: i7 4770K 3.5Ghz (OC to 4.3Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL10, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB, Samsung 840 Pro 256 Gb SSD smbios Mac Pro 6-1.
With auto login, my Hackintosh now boots 10.10 in 10 seconds flat (give or take a few 1/10's of a second) :)

If anyone has the same board/graphics card and needs my *.mb file, I will be happy to send it along.

I've installed for the third time now without any problems, but after i run multibeast with my kexts, i keep getting a hang up on pci configuration begin. I have an Nvidia GeForce 9400GT, i need graphicsenabler=yes PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0x2000. That's what i have to put in order to reach the installer, if i don't put the npci=0x2000 i get a weird discoloration screen.

will try this out as soon as my configuration is fully working :)

Screenshot_001.jpgScreenshot_001.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that there is no option for "restore from time machine" in the Utilities menu for the Yosemite UniBeast USB?

All the stuff that didn't work on mavericks now works fine with the exception of the thunderbolt ports and that the CUDA doesn't work because the drivers need updating but can't because there isn't one above 6.5.18. If I install the updated nvidia 343.01.01f01 driver over the 10.9.5 Nvidia driver CUDA doesn't complain but if i do a fresh install of Nvidia 343.01.01f01CUDA asks for an unavailable update all the time, neither makes any difference to the outcome maybe apple won't be using the titan.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Good day MAC friends.

I tried install my hackintosh since 6 years without good results; but now with the Yosemite version I finally have the OSX on my laptop. Very thank you.

The next step will to improve its performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back