Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, got Yosemite installed on Sabertooth X79 (socket 2011 MB) GTX670

First attempt I kept getting the 'waiting for root device' (stop sign on screen), got past this with -f bootflag, and changed UseKernelCache from 'Yes' to "No' in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, my boot up time is a few seconds slower, but something I can easily live with.

Struggled to get USB 3 ports working, but found an alternative USB kexts somewhere on Tonymac (can't remember where), installed it and all USB (2/3) ports work.

Imessage not working, but stopped working on Mavericks a while ago.

No sound (alc892) so ordered a USB sound dongle until/if a permanent fix is found.

Using OSX Default graphics driver, tried using Nvidia driver but kept getting kp's so reverted back

Migrated everything back from time machine, everything working except I had to re-install MSOffice.

Geekbench scores are slightly down(21081-20638), Cinebench (OpenGL) has dropped 5 points .

So once again thanks to TM and his team for all their efforts.

All perfect on a H87N-WIFI with both PCIe and mini PCIe cards (PEX30009 Firewire and BCM943225HMB Wifi+BT) working without any additional installation.

Some 3 or 4 freezings in 3 days, but nothing too annoying, restarting and working again.
I don't know about the sound because I'm using EDIROL FA101 firewire interface.

Thanks for your work!!!

Everything working perfectly, but just to let you know, the "IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter" is no longer waking from sleep. At least not for me.

GA-Z87MX-D3H all working :)

GREAT AS USUAL
I'm writing this comment on the YOSEMITE disk installed few moments ago in the my i-7 2600k asus p8z77v
Thank You for the big trouble free experience.

With Chameleon Wizard, chose iMac 12.2 (not 12.1) for my GA-Z77X-UD5H. Now iMessage and FaceTime work. Thanks for the guides!

Know this is meant for clean install but just did this over the top of Mavericks. Had just lost my sound for some weird reason. Used the same flags as I had for Mavericks install which is different from what is mentioned in this guide. Works perfect. And didn't have to import anything. Mine's an older i5 (760) with P55m-UD2 with a 9400 GT Nvidia card.

Thanks again Tony & Et al.....

thanks for sharing⊙﹏⊙

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back