Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected...working flawlessly on a Z77-DS3H + 3770K build. Had to delete ACPI 3rdParty_SATA kext from System/Library/Extensions. Also, ALC887 and ethernet didn't work from MultiBeast 7. Used MB 6.5 to install ALC887 and ALXethernet 1.0.2 and all is working fine.

Installed on a Z87MX + 4790k build. Works like a charm. Easier too since ALC892 and Intel 2.5.4d network works from MultiBeast 7. I have a Samsung 840 Pro in this build and the 10.10 TRIM patch works perfectly. Boots my machine in a few seconds! Both machines were upgraded from 10.9.4 using Yosemite on a USB Unibeast in a USB 2.0 port and I deleted AHCI 3rdParty_SATA kext from System>Library>Extensions.

If you don't delete that file...Yosemite boots up to a square box with the "You shall not pass" symbol on both machines.

It says "To perform an update from OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite".
But, can I install it on my Win7 PC with the help of my friends Macbook Pro?

Hi, is it true that you have to load Yosemite on a SSD, thanks.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Hi, is it true that you have to load Yosemite on a SSD, thanks.

No

I upgraded my configuration yesterday (i7 - GA-Z77-DS3H).

Everything went Ok but no sound.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Have you found a fix for iMessages and Face time issue as yet? I am also stuck there and no one seems to have an answer.

I also had issues where I could`t get iMessage to give me the "correct" error message with the customer code. Moving to Clover helped, so it`s worth a try. Make sure to back up first in case something goes wrong.

My system is GB H87 D3H + i5 4570. I installed exactrly the configuration from the guide, except for the audio ALC 892 for my MB and iMac 14.2 for the System Definition.

Everything is working perfect, although I had some problems. At first, I had a kernel panic after I installed 10.10, but I booted with -x and the system loaded without sound and network. After that, I loaded the network + sound from MB 7.0 and rebooted but the system stucked at loading screen, then I reinstalled the OS X 10.10 again and I tried with the above configuration from the first post with ALC 892 and iMac 14.2 and system booted normaly with working network and sound. I have also tried sound from MB 6.1 and it was working also, but then, I switch back to MB 7.0 sound and it's also working perfect. You just need to go to sound settings and change Digital output to Internal Speakers.

I'm very happy running Yosemite. Thanks Tony86 team and the Tony86 community for the help!

sorry for asking but if one do not have a mac app store id can one still download from app store?
i used a newly created id in hackintosh mac maverick to download but it keep having problem and will not download

Thank you so much!!

Great work as allways

Thanks again!

All works good, only annoyance is my USB wifi stick. I need to manually connect it every time I boot - it used to connect automatically itself. D-Link DWA 140.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back