Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

To upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite follow this guide from tony.

Shouldnt be anything drastically different. I am mid-upgrade now from Mavericks. I will report back as to success. Just remember the following troubleshoots

- If your monitor turns off, try GraphicsEnalber=Yes
- Try npci=0x2000

FIngers crossed!

OMG! I installed yesterday. I installed into a backup HD first to test out everything first. It worked like charmed, there are few tiny issues but they are easy to fix. I installed it again on my main SSD drive, it certainly load hell faster and it is perfect system. The system works perfectly with all the existing program i have.

Thanks for the good work. Much appreciated.

somehow I cant boot . Its says can't find mach kernel /Any hints please

Read step #4 - Guide

I was able to update from Mavericks to Yosemite, I did not have any issues.
The steps I followed:
1. setup the BIOS per the TonyMac instructions. see below
2. Back up my OS (just in case I run into any issues).
3. download and created Unibeast per TonyMac instructions
4. Booted to the USB drive and installed Yosemite. I did not partition the hard drive.
5. Stepped through the installation. Used the Unibeast thumb drive to boot into OSX Yosemite, installed all the drivers I needed and rebooted the machine. The machine came right up and I logged in.

Now, the particulars of my machine are as fellows
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5h rev 1 and bios f14
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivybridge
Nvidia GTX 660
16 Gigs of RAM

Bios settings, in my case I have a Win8.1 64bit partition that I run 64 bit VMs on so I did not disable the virtual settings in the bios, I personally have not had any issues with this and I believe from what I've read you only need to do so if you have a non K CPU
Using Multibeast I used the DSDT free option, installed only the drivers I needed, Realtek 898 for audio and AppleIE1000e V3.1.0 for network. I ejected the thumb drive rebooted the machine and it came up. Only issue I had was no sound. To fix that I opened System Preferences >Sound and changed Sound Effects and Output to "Internal Speakers"

Things I did not do. Use the USB 3, I have left those ports empty because in the past I had issues with waking, my keyboard and mouse would not come back. So far its always worked fine with out it. The iMessage, I couldn't tell you if it works or not as I do not have an iPhone so its never been an issue to me.

I hope that helps a bit to answer the question if you can upgrade. Its working pretty nicely for me.

This is an issue that has been around since IvyBridge 7 Series systems. If it has gone unnoticed. Many of us/users have given days of our time trying to get DRM protected movies to play on hackintosh systems without result. Yes we would like it to work and watch our bought content. But for many this isn't the sole reason for PC based hackintosh. If all you want to do with your system is watch movies. Then there are alternatives.

Ok, now I just want to get this straight, before I stard my build.
What exactly does not play on a hackintosh?
Is it just bought and drm protected movies?
I need to use Itunes to sync my IOS Devices, and play music basically.
I don´t watch much bought content, but It would be nice if non drm protected movies still work.

Ok, now I just want to get this straight, before I stard my build.
What exactly does not play on a hackintosh?
Is it just bought and drm protected movies?
I need to use Itunes to sync my IOS Devices, and play music basically.
I don´t watch much bought content, but It would be nice if non drm protected movies still work.

iTunes work fine, with Music and home movies. And with your iPhone. Just not DRM purchased content.

Nice guide Tonymac and everyone that worked on the programs and guides!

And very fast upload! Great job guys!

My Ga-Z77-DS3H i7 3770K and gtx660 are working perfect!

Rick,

Hi,

can you short explain, what Multibeast settings you used? I got no sound here...

Bye, Olaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back