Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My installation went well except that I'm getting a BIOS checksum error (resetting to default config) prior to the bootloader screen. I'm able to boot after reconfiguring the BIOS again. Do you know how we can avoid this error? My MOBO is GA-P55M-UD2 Award BIOS v F11 with Nvidia 640 GT card.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

This will surely works for intel based pc, but may i ask if there is any chances it will works with my amdfx, (I am currently running with 10.9.5)
When hell freezes over :D

There are lots of questions coming up about the hardware compatibility of the new features Handoff/Continuity in 10.10.
Yosemite seems to only want Apple hardware bluetooth 4.0, no dongles allowed. Note: I have not yet tried this.
Does anyone here know if Unibeast/Multibeast installation of Yosemite with working bluetooth 4.0 hardware is allowing Handoff/Continuity to work? If not, what is needed? Also, someone of the hackintosh community (who is a lot more savvy than me) would make a lot of new friends by making older macs Handoff/Continuity compatible with only a bluetooth 4.0 dongle upgrade.
Right now everyone thinks that they have to buy a new Apple computer.

it works great for me thanks a lot.

Hi, everything went fine on my machine with GA-45ep-ds3. Yes, an oldie.
Everything except for iMessage, but that issue I faced already for Mavericks.

Tip! If you have a crapy USB like me, and think the "Copying Files..." is stuck. Rightklick te USB -> "Get Info" and see how the Used space increases over time.

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 01.35.26.png

Is there a way to install Yosemite on a Mavericks machine and not have to reinstall all my software and plugins? I use this machine mostly for editing FPX.

The best stable system ever on a hackintosh, thanks to Tonymacx86 and team.

From what I've been reading if you skip Section 6 in the instructions it will install the upgrade on top of the previous OS. Make a backup first of course.

And re Maxafari this is a brand new 16GB Lexar drive but evidently pretty slow. Get info does show it writing but only about 2mb every 5 or 10 seconds. So maybe it is the drive itself.

The best stable system ever on a hackintosh, thanks to Tonymacx86 and team. Took the root of update rather than clean install, with kext-dev-mode=1 as boot flag. no problems so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back