Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Woo-hoo! My Dual 970's should be very happy to hear that.

Are you kidding me -.- this driver is released WEEKS AGO!

Ok, this is confusing.

16. If using a 5 or 6 Series system with AWARD BIOS choose Legacy USB Support

What does this means?
Thnx

The Award Bios part is basically who makes the BIOS - sort of.. If you go into the BIOS it will often say Award, Phoenix, etc somewhere..

The 5 or 6 series part has to do with the Intel chipset. For example a P55 chipset is a 5 series chipset used on the original i3/5/7 CPUs. a Z68 chipset would be from Sandy Bridge i3/5/7 CPU time frame..

Fixed the issue. The problem lied in the fact that I didn't download Yosemite from that same computer. The "Install OS X Yosemite" app must be in the Applications folder as it would normally. I downloaded directly from the app store, launched Unibeast and it was recognized as an option. Hope this helps.

quick follow up to my post do I need to choose master boot record when creating Yosemite usb installer I used guid instead maybe that's why my install not working

For some unexplainable reason, Yosemite installed, but Safari is nowhere to be found. The icon in the dock is there, but I get an error when I click it. And the app is just not there. Odd.

Hello All,
For me all went smooth the install, only issue was that i had to disable GraphicsEnabler and it went no problems. The other thing that is curious is that I have to wait like 1 minute after i start the computer at the login screen to recognise the mouse and keyboard. It boots normal goes to the login screen then mouse/keyboard are not available only after like maybe 1 min and half i can use them. Any one got this?

i got this as well and only 2 usb ports working, on a z87 mb :(

Is there a way to upgrade my current Mavericks Hackintosh to Yosemite without wiping my SSD? Thanks!

Yes, just skip the disk utility part. Click continue installation instead. I successfully did an update from Mavericks this way.

This will surely works for intel based pc, but may i ask if there is any chances it will works with my amdfx, (I am currently running with 10.9.5)

This will surely works for intel based pc, but may i ask if there is any chances it will works with my amdfx, (I am currently running with 10.9.5)

Read the Rules.

"AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted".

Apple do not use AMD processors so there is no support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back