Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the best of the best Tony and MacMan !!!

Very good job guy
Fast and easy installation.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

This is an issue that has been around since IvyBridge 7 Series systems. If it has gone unnoticed. Many of us/users have given days of our time trying to get DRM protected movies to play on hackintosh systems without result. Yes we would like it to work and watch our bought content. But for many this isn't the sole reason for PC based hackintosh. If all you want to do with your system is watch movies. Then there are alternatives.

Thanks for the reply. I created my hackintosh for a home theater. Unlike with an Apple TV, we can use it to watch and record over-the-air channels with EyeTV, play games, browse, etc. When I discovered that iTunes does not work, I regretted the hardware choice.

I'm not upset with anybody for not trying hard enough, I just wish I was better warned. The Buyer's Guide and terms like "golden builds" gave me the impression that hackintoshes built on the right hardware will work like regular macs. For my particular case, no iTunes is a deal-breaker. I'm guessing this is true for others based on the thread I referenced.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Will there be an upgrade guide as well, or do I need to try and if all fails clean install Yosemite?
Also, thanks for all your work!

I believe this guide is similar to past install guides, if you skip the Step 4 diskutil options to format your drive you should end up with an upgrade. Can someone confirm this?

nice work, for other commenter with 77n wifi board - you can install alc892 from older multibeast ( i have version 6.2 ) and it will work

Hello All,
For me all went smooth the install, only issue was that i had to disable GraphicsEnabler and it went no problems. The other thing that is curious is that I have to wait like 1 minute after i start the computer at the login screen to recognise the mouse and keyboard. It boots normal goes to the login screen then mouse/keyboard are not available only after like maybe 1 min and half i can use them. Any one got this?

imessage not working =(
filenvram 1 1 3 not help me =(

Thank's Tony very nice tutorial :) and now... Yosemiteeee

Hi dude. Thank you so much for this tutorial. It worked but my graphic card don't. I have an Ati Radeon HD 5450 Cuda Version. Could you please help me? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back