Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Anyone have the same issue as me?

I can successfully install 10.8.5 and the in asks me to restart my computer which i do.

Then i boot from USB once again and click Mountain Lion (What my SSD is named) and get stuck with this, and it doesn't move.
jlYI5g7.jpg

Also that is when the screen is connected to my graphics card, when i plug it in to onboard graphics this screen progresses with a spirally wheel thing but yeah doesn't move of there eather. anddd when i load form internal graphics i get NVidia ROM patch failed and dcbtable error...

Can someone please help!

Hi Sashak, try putting -v into the boot options to get the verbose output. That way you can see where it gets stuck in the boot process ...

Hello,
my mobo Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 F4 bios.
i7-3820 @ 3.6 Ghz
Zotac gt430 1gb 128bit
8GB Ram 1333 Mhz

I can't boot from instaler UniBeast ML 10.8.3
I use every combination with flags and always reboot. Not load graphical instaler.
This issue possible to fix?
please help

Creb

Hi Sashak, try putting -v into the boot options to get the verbose output. That way you can see where it gets stuck in the boot process ...
i have same problem with it.
is any on can help us?
thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 447

Little known issue that may be affecting a few people: The Mountain Lion installer might be in the wrong /Applications folder. It must be in the root applications folder of the startup drive in order to work with Unibeast.

It sounds crazy I know, but the App Store will download to the Applications folder of the startup drive where Mountain Lion was first purchased. It happened to me, and the security check (?) in Unibeast caused a failure. Once I moved "Install Mountain Lion" from /Previous_Startup_Volume/Applications to /Current_Startup_Volume/Applications, it worked fine.

Still sound crazy? I re-downloaded the 10.8.5 installer through the app store, the installer auto launched. I choose "Options --> Show in Finder" from the installer in the Dock, and it opened an "/Applications" folder where I could see with my own eyes that "Install Mountain Lion" was present. No reason to suspect it was on another partition. After much investigation, I discovered App Store downloaded it to my 10.6.8 partition, not the startup volume I was using.

Hope that's helpful to at least one person. Sorry to those of you who are rolling your eyes at this nonsense. :rolleyes:

Little known issue that may be affecting a few people: The Mountain Lion installer might be in the wrong /Applications folder. It must be in the root applications folder of the startup drive in order to work with Unibeast.

It sounds crazy I know, but the App Store will download to the Applications folder of the startup drive where Mountain Lion was first purchased. It happened to me, and the security check (?) in Unibeast caused a failure. Once I moved "Install Mountain Lion" from /Previous_Startup_Volume/Applications to /Current_Startup_Volume/Applications, it worked fine.

Still sound crazy? I re-downloaded the 10.8.5 installer through the app store, the installer auto launched. I choose "Options --> Show in Finder" from the installer in the Dock, and it opened an "/Applications" folder where I could see with my own eyes that "Install Mountain Lion" was present. No reason to suspect it was on another partition. After much investigation, I discovered App Store downloaded it to my 10.6.8 partition, not the startup volume I was using.

Hope that's helpful to at least one person. Sorry to those of you who are rolling your eyes at this nonsense. :rolleyes:

Happen to me once. I thought I was the Lone Ranger. :lol:

Hi I can not install Mountain Lion on my PC, after a few seconds you will see a white screen and everything freezes.
the 'HW is the Following:
MB ASRock, Intel Pentium G3250, Video GeForce GT 730
Greetings.

Hi I can not install Mountain Lion on my PC, after a few seconds you will see a white screen and everything freezes.
the 'HW is the Following:
MB ASRock, Intel Pentium G3250, Video GeForce GT 730
Greetings.

2 things are causing your problem
1. lack of support for Haswell hardware in 10.8.5 - you need 10.9.5 or later
2. that Pentium CPU - there is no support for Haswell Pentium CPUs in OS X

I managed to install it, but when you first start to this error and stops here
From which it depends?

P_20151030_201630.jpg

Is there any possible way of obtaining a legitimate installer of Mountain Lion 10.8.0 or 10.8.3 specifically? I have the downloaded version from the app store which is for 10.8.5 which I don't mind but I'd like to use 10.8.3 if possible please someone let me know where I can find specific legitimate versions of 10.8. Thank you very much in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back