Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stuck at step 4 after i Choose USB-HDD
4. At the Chimera Boot Screen, choose your new Mountain Lion installation. I choose this and laptop says You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press press the Power button again. :(

I need help on step 3. After I get to the chimera boot screen and hit enter on USB, windows just normally loads. Did I miss a step or something?

Can anyone help please? I bought a 'custom build' PC from ebay and need to make it dual boot Win7 64bit and 10.8 OSX (so it can be a PC and then a mac an talk to my other macs etc). So far so good, unibeast installed OSX and i managed to partition my 64GB SSD. I worked out what the mother board is and the graphics card and 'thought' id bee able to install the correct drivers to get a rock solid build, but within a few moments of rebooting after installing the drivers i get a kernel panic and game over.

What am i doing wrong? I have absolutely no idea how to rectify this, and im at my wits end - can anyone steer me in the right direction pleeeeease? Ive uploaded some screen grabs showing what drivers i selected and the then error. Please help :(

I Have a TPower x58a version5 motherboard, and a ASUS eah4350 silent/di/256md2(lp) graphics card, and a Sandisk 64GB SSD. Easy yes??? :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7zb7vsxb3dfqin/crash_kernel.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kutytrasmlrj898/drivers_installed_1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cm2c9h505prdn7/drivers_installed_2.jpg

Hi Folks,
Correct.... I have no idea on how to install MAC OS-X on my Intel based system I tried to follow the given set of instructions but without any success what so ever :( So please can some one show me how to create a UniBeast Bootable disk on a windows 7 platform ?. Thereafter I am sure the work of many Guru's here will guide me to finally having Apple OS-X instead of Blindows King Of BSOD:) Cheers in advance guys and gals.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Hi Folks,
So please can some one show me how to create a UniBeast Bootable disk on a windows 7 platform ?.
This can't be done, you need to:

1) Purchase Snow Leopard DVD from the Apple Store
2) Install it
3) Purchase Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store
4) Use UniBeast to create you Mountain Lion installation stick

I borrowed a friends Macbook Pro running snow Leopard to get Mountain Lion. I downloaded 10.8, saw it in the applications folder listed as Install OS X Mountain Lion and left it there. Inserted Flashdrive and did all the disk utility stuff. Downloaded unibeast and ran through the installation. Get to the custom install and select Mac App Store Mountain Lion - 10.8. Below it says Plug in target USB Thumb Drive before running. What does this mean?
Click continue. Click install. Error! The Installation Failed.!!! What I am doing wrong. I am following these direction very closely. Any help would be great.

I borrowed a friends Macbook Pro running snow Leopard to get Mountain Lion. I downloaded 10.8, saw it in the applications folder listed as Install OS X Mountain Lion and left it there. Inserted Flashdrive and did all the disk utility stuff. Downloaded unibeast and ran through the installation. Get to the custom install and select Mac App Store Mountain Lion - 10.8. Below it says Plug in target USB Thumb Drive before running. What does this mean?
Click continue. Click install. Error! The Installation Failed.!!! What I am doing wrong. I am following these direction very closely. Any help would be great.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/102443-unibeast-troubleshooting-notes.html

I am reached the ML Installer. But at the point I have to choose, to which hdd I like to install ML there are no hdds shown.
At the Chimera-Boot (Unibeast) I can still see my hdd (with SL on it).
Whats wrong?

But still not happy i have to use a Mac to make a bootable Lion drive @@

I just ordered i7 3770k, mini atx, gigabyte z77 wifi, and few others.

fortunately I have a macbook pro from 2008, I could make boot usb easily. If I don't have a mac,

it should be really annoying. understand you, cause my friend built without mac, came to my house and asked me to make boot usb and everytime he had issues during installation he had to call me, I googled it

for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back