Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We recommend using an alternate graphics card or onboard Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics for the entire process."
Now how do I do this? I haven't come across a good guide that is referencing this enough. I have a AMD 6000 series and when I try to install ML I get stuck at the classic Apple Logo following up a white screen with a cursor...anyone that knows how to do this? Any help quickly would be great!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Hey,
Did you find a solution? I'm having trouble getting through the loading screen now using 10.8 and the most recent gigabyte motherboard.

thanks,
Tim

Hi and Thank you for supporting us,
i do all steps carefully to install 10.8 and the installation process working like charm until reaching the last step (boot from HD) it's freeze on apple logo with gray back and when i try in safe mode it's working so please i need help i try to install 3 times but with out hope - and i was using 10.7 without any problems .

My computer :
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
CPU: i7 2600
Graphics : GTX 460
HD: 500GB
Memory : 1600 - 16MB
Bios : F6

"We recommend using an alternate graphics card or onboard Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics for the entire process."
Now how do I do this? I haven't come across a good guide that is referencing this enough. I have a AMD 6000 series and when I try to install ML I get stuck at the classic Apple Logo following up a white screen with a cursor...anyone that knows how to do this? Any help quickly would be great!

I had to drop an old NVIDIA card into my machine as I didn't have onboard graphics. Once I got the install (actually an upgrade) done, I dropped my Radeon back in and it works fine. I just did the upgrade yesterday using a App Store version of 10.8.4. I had to re-run Multibeast to get my drivers back (sound and USB 3.0 specifically), but I didn't need to re-install the boot loader since I already had that on the drive.

If you don't have any older cards, you might be out of luck for the moment.

Regards,
Michael

Probably should add in a comment at the beginning of step for about boot flags. That would've saved me a lot of time being a noob hackintosher.

I have finished all without any problem, but after installing MultiBeast, tried to reboot. Then I got stuck with white screen... I have a GA-Z77X-4UP TH with EVGA GT 640 graphic card. Used GraphicEnabler=No, I can pass the white screen, but my keyboard, mouse is not working.... Any suggestion???

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don´t realized how Unibest will take the version of ML I downloaded to the USB flash drive?

What version did you download?

Need help! When i used unibeast, it just said installation failed.

Firebird,
See the two sticky posts in the UniBeast forum section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/

Hi Tony, in first place sorry for my english. I tryed to install Mountain Lion with Unibeast, when the intalation reaches the first promt window, the mouse turn off and I can't continue with the instalation. I hope anyone have the answer for my problem. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back