Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this guide step for step but once the install was finished the computer hung on the apple logo with a spinning gear.
I was upgrading from lion 10.7.2

http://postimage.org/image/jv544958l/

please, any help is much appreciated.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

upgraded my lion to mountain lion with no problem at all, just followed your guide using unibeast then multibeast... just reinstalled applehd kext... but there is no dvd player and when i launch dvd player apps it gives me this message "There was an initialization error A valid DVD drive could not be found. [-70012]". in lion it's ok dvd is working fine. tried fresh install but it is still the same...

What type of dvd player are you using? sata/ide and is it dvd rw or bluray etc?

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am using a GT620 nVidia card, and I know (HDD and USB activity) that the installer has started but my VGA monitor says "no signal input". I think that the card is using either HDMI o DVI outputs. Do you know a way to force the video through VGA output????

Thnx in advance

Igor

I have a trouble-maker AMD graphics card. When I remove the card and run off the onboard graphics via the HDMI port the unibeast freezes on the apple screen after I select USB. Very frustrating! Anyone know what I can do?

I finally managed to install ML on my Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy bridge CPU with Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 with UEFI BIOS and runs like a ferrari. I still have an older Shuttle SH67H7 barebone with Core I7 2600 CPU and thinking of upgrading this machine to ML.

Hello to All,
I am newbie here want to install ML on my Intel Desktop Motherboard DG41RQ Processor= core 2 Quad 2.6Ghz, RAM=4GB, Graphic Card is ATI Radeon HD 5450. I am using USB created with Multibeast 5.2 things went wrong when I pluged the ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphic Crad. It stuck on boot with teh message "Pci Configuration Begin" I've tried multiple switches e.g.. PCIRootUID=1,GraphicsEnabler=NO,YES, Boot Verbos Mode and Safe mode blah blah, if I remove the card and run the pc with builtin graphic which G41 Chipset and GMA 4500 it runs fine but there is no driver for this VGA( Atleast I could not Find on the net).

My BIOS configuration is Core Multiplex Tech = Enable, MAX CPUID Value Limit=Disable, Drive Configuration = Legacy Sata Only, PCI Latency Timer =32 ,HPET=Enable, UEFI=Enable XD Tech= Enable, Intel VT=Enable.

Please help me to install Mountain Lion on my Mobo with that ATI Radeon HD 5450 card.

Sorry if I missed any point needed to solve my problem, you can ask but Please help me I am curious to fix it up.

Thanks and Regards,

I've already posted the same on an other forum and got the answer ........

First try with DVI and not VGA. If you can't get it working with this see my post, I've my dell working with a ati 5350hd

I get the kext here

http://www.osx86.net/view/3043-ati_r...suppor_...html

and my reply for it....

Thanks for your response! alespardo

my problem is that my system stuck while installation I've tried many switches but screen freeze at this point...

IOPIC:Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
ACPI:System State [s0 s3 s4 s5] (S3)
PFM64 (36 cpu) 0xf10000000, 0xf0000000
[pci configuration begin]

I googled and found many tweaks one of them which change or add one line to above is ....

-v -x npci=0x2000 pci-off busratio=20

it add extra line "resolution 1024 x 768 @f00000" to above

NOTE: I can easily install Mountain Line after removing Graphic Card which is ATI Radeon HD5450 and thanks for sharing the driver(kext) link I've already found it on the net by google. so problem occure when I plug the Graphic card I don't know but there must be solution e.g..a switch or bios setting or tweak for it thats what I am asking and searching for.

Thanks ...

Now please your term to help me out.....

Hey

I would like to help you with your problem about the graphics card. First thing I'd do is use the latest Multibeast. Have you tried? How are you getting on?

In addition, when you say you got your system running with GMA 4500, what were your multibeast settings? Did you enable the Graphics enabler? Did you use additional kexts?

Best

Colin Zeal

upgraded my lion to mountain lion with no problem at all, just followed your guide using unibeast then multibeast... just reinstalled applehd kext... but there is no dvd player and when i launch dvd player apps it gives me this message "There was an initialization error A valid DVD drive could not be found. [-70012]". in lion it's ok dvd is working fine. tried fresh install but it is still the same...

I have that problem too, I've searched the web, no answers, just try using vlc player!

Thanks for valuable info, I am trying to prepare bootable usb but when i run unibeast, an error message appears "Mountain Lion is missing", even it is lying in the same folder. Please guide me, what should i do?

Mountain Lion should be in the Applications folder

thanks for your great work
I followed the instructions but every time i tried to boot from my USB to start the instillation i received shutdown massage with my laptop HP Pavilion dm4-1101ee
[TR="bgcolor: #E7E7E7"]
Microprocessor
Memory
Video Graphics
Hard Drive
2.53 GHz Intel Core i5-460M Processor
4 GB DDR3 (2 x 2048 MB)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Graphics (switchable)
500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm

can you please help me with this

Can someone help me with this? I tried creating a USB Mountain Lion and Unibeast got stuck at 16% and said it was going to take 10 hours to complete. The time kept increasing as well lol :banghead:

Does anyone know how I could do this? I was using lion to create the USB installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back