Status
Not open for further replies.
My build for an Mountain Lion:

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro (not gen3)
MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC
i5-2500k
Samsung 830 256 GB
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9
Creative Extreme Gamer (not working, yet?)
Corsair 500r white
Corsair H100
LG DVD drive

First install:
Hat to use PCIRootUID=0 to see the installation screen.
Installation succeeded.
Using multibeast (latest version for Mountain Lion) to make my computer boot automatically wasn't a succes (using the aml file for my MB).

I was getting the next error: incorrect image signature

Second install:
I used this solution for the 'incorrect image signature':

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Running Multibeast with the same options but also Chameleon Bootloader

Then with the first start without USB I won't come any further then corecrypto.kext

Didnt find a solution for that yet :(

Few installations further:

Just used easy beast installation and booting was succes. Audio drivers work and LAN too.

Hopes it helps others.. Or if anyone has a solution for me? Also tryed an modified rom but also didnt work.

I had to buy a 2GB RAM only because I have 2x8GB RAM Corsair and iBoot Legacy didn't supported it. At unibeast can I reinstall my 2x8GB back when Installing Mountain Lion? thx!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Okay i got ML to install and setup. While i was using Multibeast to install my drivers, The screen froze and said please restart the computer. Now I am unable to use Either the USB Drive or My HDD. It gets to the apple logo screen and freezes. Plz Help

I seem to lose display signal after the gray apple screen. In verbose mode I don't see any errors, and after it gets to [PCI configuration begin] I lose display signal all the same. With graphics enabler disabled, same exact story.

...after this screen there is apple logo on grey background and its stays like this...

Try all available HDMI/DVI/DP video ports, systematically, and then with/without "GraphicsEnabler=No" flag, shut down each time you swap connectors.

Learn how to ssh into your Mac and run a "sudo shutdown" or "sudo restart" to shutdown/restart instead of just pulling the power when you can avoid it; this works even when there's no video if you have "Remote Login" enabled in the "Sharing" pane of System Preferences.

I found out the hard way that in ML my DVI port stopped working although I get the grey apple during startup via DVI...was time consuming and frustrating to isolate it down to the HDMI displaying video instead.

Hello, i have a little problem. Ive got windows on my ssd and Mountain Lion on my second hard drive. Can anyone help me, how can i make a dual boot without using flash? Thank you.

Finally got the installer to show using PCIRootUID=0. During midinstallation my graphics dropped (display had no signal) but I let it sit and in about 10-15 minutes my computer restarted. I booted into my system, it stucked on the spinning wheel. I tried again in safe mode and worked. And seemed to have installed ML successfully, as far as I can tell. Currently my sound isn't working (using SYBA audio dongle), and everything feels a little sluggish..

I had to buy a 2GB RAM only because I have 2x8GB RAM Corsair and iBoot Legacy didn't supported it. At unibeast can I reinstall my 2x8GB back when Installing Mountain Lion? thx!

Yes.

Tried these steps on a MSI 945GCm5FV12 mobo. 4gb ram Nvidia 9500 graphics cards 360gb hitachi hard drive. (this is the hardware I have.) 1 there is no option for AHCI in the bios, and the controller is LCH7 so no AHCI available

Does this mean that I cannot install mac os or is there something else I can do.

Am VERY new to this so please be gentle with me

Tried these steps on a MSI 945GCm5FV12 mobo. 4gb ram Nvidia 9500 graphics cards 360gb hitachi hard drive. (this is the hardware I have.) 1 there is no option for AHCI in the bios, and the controller is LCH7 so no AHCI available

Does this mean that I cannot install mac os or is there something else I can do.

Am VERY new to this so please be gentle with me
Yes, without AHCI mode for the SATA controller you cannot install OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back