Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone solved the kernel panic at first boot on X58A-UD3R boards with i7-970 6 core processors yet? I have tried every install method I can think of, both unibeast and xmove, both upgrade and clean install to new drive, still no go it stops at the friendly apple logo and you must restart.

I know I am overlooking the painfully obvious as I had no issues with SL and Lion. I am running a galaxy 8400GS card which had no issues with the last builds. Uninstalled every other drive and pulled RAM to 4GB. Message me back if you have solved this or just want to bump heads and problem solve.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I have the same setup. When I updated to 10.8.2, same thing happened - forever spinning wheel. Someone suggested disabling VT-D from the motherboard and my machine was able to boot after that. I am assuming you have 10.8.2 on the thumb drive. Try to disable VT-D, it might boot after that.

I bought all components that are recommended here in order to have an easy install. Unfortunately it's not working. After booting from the thumbdrive, I figured out to insert PCIRootUID=0 in order to get the display working. Then the grey Apple logo apears and after that, a grey backround appears with a spinning beachball, which is spinning forever. Does anybody know what I did wrong?

Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel 3770
Geforce 560TI
16G RAM

I'm a COMPLETE noob at this so this may be a stupid question/issue to have, but as I follow the instructions above, after I choose USB-HDD from the boot menu, I'm getting stuck at "verifying DMI pool data". Any suggestions?

well i gave up on the 6 series graphics card and bought a 5 series, loaded straight away, went through the whole installation process great, when i rebooted the machine and removed the usb i had a boot load error, so restarted again with the usb in got to the boot screen selected mountain lion os and now its stuck at the apple logo screen any ideas people i've been at this for weeks

Hello !
My DH55HC Mother Board and nvidia GT240 1GB mother board will support Mountain Lion !

Mutlibeast continues to fail installation. I set the security settings for application to accept all.
are you trying to download from a windows or mac computer?

evga gtx 680
i7 2600k
asus p67 deluxe

I cant get to the install screen. Unibeast boots and the apple logo appears... then after about a minute, a circle with a bar appears and the whole thing stalls there...
verbose mode suggest it cannot find any drivers!

What am I doing wrong?

Finally got past a hang up with my graphics card, only for the disk utility not to identify any HDD's. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried searching, but unfortunately no hard drive available doesn't have any distinguishing search characteristics from most of the forums. Tried formatting as HFS+ to see if that would correct the issue and it's still not identified. I can see both my drives in both Linux and Windows.

Using a HP e9180f
MB: IPMTB-TK (Truckee) Bios 5.39, 16 GB RAM @ 1333, Nvidia GTS250, i7 920, separate HD's, one is loaded w/ Win8, the other is empty.

I seem to lose display signal after the gray apple screen. In verbose mode I don't see any errors, and after it gets to [PCI configuration begin] I lose display signal all the same. With graphics enabler disabled, same exact story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back