Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my Core i7 3770K / GA-Z77-D3H-MVP Macbeast running beautifully first time (and had the pleasure of watching it outgun my old iMac by a factor of 6 doing a trial Final Cut render. Thanks guys.

There's a couple of lessons that I learned in the process which were fairly tough to find answers for.
The following might help noobs like myself avoid wasting a few hours in the process - you might want to add them to the article.

1) If you're using an Apple Cinema Display (23", but I think it applies to all), it cannot display the resolution of the Gigabyte BIOS screen. You will need to use a more conventional PC monitor, or (my solution) a VGA cable to a flat screen TV to see the BIOS for the first AHCI adjustment and boot order setting. Once you're past the BIOS, you will be fine. The resolution will be very low until you use Multibeast, install Chameleon 1.11 and reboot, then will be fine from then on.

2) Gigabyte motherboards tend to switch off USB3 ports and USB2 ports not directly connected to the motherboard during the Unibeast install. If you plug your UniBeast USB into a front panel USB socket, or a back panel USB socket, the Unibeast install will hang (verbose mode will repeat "Waiting on ROOT device") after a couple of minutes. Plug the USB Unibeast into a rear panel USB2 (black) socket, and you will be good to go.

3) If you're using a Core i7 and internal graphics, make sure you use the most up to date Multibeast. Chameleon Version 1.10 doesn't have the internal graphics driver.

4) To enable USB3 and stop system crashes with USB devices being plugged in, use the Lacie USB3 driver for Mac: http://www.lacie.com/more/index.htm?id=10112

hi
based on your note that gigabyte UEFI motherboards don't require a DSDT, what options should i choose in Multibeast? easybeast installation or nothing?!(cuz I've a UEFI mobo)

I followed all the steps and installed Mountain Lion, the problem: safe mode is required for boot.
After the
restart of the system before completing the second part of installation boot from HDD didn't work.
I completed the installation
by typing -x (safe mode) on boot from HDD.
I downloaded Multibeat and choose:
Easybeast Installation
Audio=>Without DSDT=>ALC892 (audio not working but perhaps because of the safe mode)
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
Trim Enabler
ElliottForceLegacyRTC
EvOreboot
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagement
hnak's AppleIntelIE1000e Ethernet (works OK)
Chimera v1.11.1r1394
MacPro 3.1

Whatever I try - can't boot without safe mode.

My System:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2310 2.90GHz
Motherboard: Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL (H67 Express chipset-based).
On Board Graphic/Audio (no pci cards at all)
12 GB Kingston memory cards (2X4, 2X2)
120GB Intel SSD

Please help me to fix it

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I followed all the steps and installed Mountain Lion, the problem: safe mode is required for boot.
After the
restart of the system before completing the second part of installation boot from HDD didn't work.
I completed the installation
by typing -x (safe mode) on boot from HDD.
I downloaded Multibeat and choose:
Easybeast Installation
Audio=>Without DSDT=>ALC892 (audio not working but perhaps because of the safe mode)
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
Trim Enabler
ElliottForceLegacyRTC
EvOreboot
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagement
hnak's AppleIntelIE1000e Ethernet (works OK)
Chimera v1.11.1r1394
MacPro 3.1

Whatever I try - can't boot without safe mode.

My System:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2310 2.90GHz
Motherboard: Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL (H67 Express chipset-based).
On Board Graphic/Audio (no pci cards at all)
12 GB Kingston memory cards (2X4, 2X2)
120GB Intel SSD

Please help me to fix it

Why not try -v also. Maybe the verbose listing will tell what doesn't load?

Hi all, I'm trying unibeast on the following sytem specs:
Mobo: Asus P5b deluxe
BIOS: Version 1238, build date 09/30/08
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz
Ram: 4GB
VidCard: Radeon HD5770

I'm new to this and have looked for solutions, but I'm coming up empty. I've tried all the bootflags listed. I keep getting hung here:

Multibeast 5.0.2 keeps failing to install. I have the privacy setting to accept all applications in the system preferences.

Mutlibeast continues to fail installation. I set the security settings for application to accept all.

upgraded my lion to mountain lion with no problem at all, just followed your guide using unibeast then multibeast... just reinstalled applehd kext... but there is no dvd player and when i launch dvd player apps it gives me this message "There was an initialization error A valid DVD drive could not be found. [-70012]". in lion it's ok dvd is working fine. tried fresh install but it is still the same...

I think that might be a graphics problem. What kind of card do you have and is that card being recognized in the about mac screen? I'm also having a problem with the dvd and what not working. I have a 6850 card and to get working I had to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes with the Lotus personality (i think). The only problem is it's only being recognized as 6xxx as the graphics card instead of 6850. So close. :(

upgraded my lion to mountain lion with no problem at all, just followed your guide using unibeast then multibeast... just reinstalled applehd kext... but there is no dvd player and when i launch dvd player apps it gives me this message "There was an initialization error A valid DVD drive could not be found. [-70012]". in lion it's ok dvd is working fine. tried fresh install but it is still the same...

This will fix your problem http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20070591-263.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back