Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful! Will those MB settings work for pretty much any Ivy Bridge system? Does the GA-Z77-DS3H need anything in particular?

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

But still not happy i have to use a Mac to make a bootable Lion drive @@

What exactly is your expectation? It's a custom boot loader which then rebuilds the retail ML installion on the USB. You obviously have to have a Mac do download it, unless you had someone hand you a fat USB with the file on it. What is there to not be happy about?

T

works in my PC awesome!! thx tony...
my spec is gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo F3 with core2duo!!

i got a dobubt.....i have the mac os dvd with me.... in which step i shud copy my mac os to my USB inorder to boot from usb and to install it... am confused...

Download problem

I am running 10.8 already on my imac... i redownloaded Mountain Lion from AppStore, i left it to download in my office but when i came back in the morning, i saw that AppStore begins to download it again and the redownloaded version dissappears.. i think when this one finished it will dissappear too.. how can i download it manually without this trouble?

hi guys, i have a sony vaio laptop that has some errors.
i have the installation boot ready to go, but when it boots 2 errors comes out
dcbtable version is 0*4
and nvidia ROM patching failed!
help

i got a dobubt.....i have the mac os dvd with me.... in which step i shud copy my mac os to my USB inorder to boot from usb and to install it... am confused...

The dvd is useless for this purpose, you have to download the Mountain Lion installer from App store.

Hi...i am not getting one thing that if we are only preparing bootable USB drive using Unibeast then where are we using Mountain Lion? is it we need to paste it on USB first before preparing it to bootable or will preparing bootable it will pick Mountain lion automatically. Pls help.

FWIW, In my experience it has been useful to setup 2 partitions on the thumb drive. The first for boot and installation. The second for Multi east and any other post-install tools. (CUDA drivers, Kext utilities, etc...).

In case this helps anyone else, I was unable to get Unibeast to install on a HP 16GB USB drive (v165w). The time to install Unibeast increased to over 43 hours, and after allowing the install process to run overnight (11 hours), it was unable to finish. This was tested on a 2009 Mac Pro Snow Leopard and a 2012 MacBook Pro 15" Retina. Just to confirm, I switched to a Kingston 8GB USB drive using the same process, which went without a hitch and finished within 25 minutes on both systems.

My two pennies to help:

I used an HP labelled 8GB USB stick (v125w, made by PNY I think) and it took hours to load Unibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back