Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused. I just installed snow leopard using iboot (as I continued to get "waiting on drive" message with clean unibeast. To upgrade, do I just install mountain lion from the OS and run mulitbeast again? Or do I NEED to wipe the drive? Very noobish question but I have never been able to get unibeast to work on my sandy bridge (all compatible parts) build. Thanks

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

In case this helps anyone else, I was unable to get Unibeast to install on a HP 16GB USB drive (v165w). The time to install Unibeast increased to over 43 hours, and after allowing the install process to run overnight (11 hours), it was unable to finish. This was tested on a 2009 Mac Pro Snow Leopard and a 2012 MacBook Pro 15" Retina. Just to confirm, I switched to a Kingston 8GB USB drive using the same process, which went without a hitch and finished within 25 minutes on both systems.

Attachments

• 20-326-108-TS.jpg
    20-326-108-TS.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,344
I think for STEP 3.4 (the second .4, heh), you want to say "...skip past steps 5-14".

I currently have Lion with a rig of Gigabyte HD6870 with 2600K on GA-P67A-UD4, and the MB doesn't have output for integrated graphics...any ideas how I'm going to get through with the HD6xxx advice and install?

there is a thread about how to get round the issue on the Support Forum
Mountain Lion 6XXX GPU Issues - FIX INSIDE!

You may want to put in the steps to change the GateKeeper settings BEFORE you show how to do the Muiltbeast thing...

I think for STEP 3.4 (the second .4, heh), you want to say "...skip past steps 5-14".
Thanks for catching that.

I've cleaned up that portion of guide so that it is a bit easier to follow.

In this guide under the multi beast install options for sandy bridge customac builds you recommend the "RealTek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7" whereas in the previous LION guide (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html) you recommend the Lnx2Mac driver. Is there a reason for this change?
Thanks for catching that.

tonymac has fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back