Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I updated my Lion 10.7.2 to Mountail Lion 10.8 without data loss??

After i write my comments i try to boot safe mode and i try -v mode but i try ignore cash mode and it's work with full options like sound and network ..
and the problem it's won't boot without ignore cash so i need help to solve this problem because i install the system 3 times

Thanks for your help
I created the usb disk and it's ok but the problem I have is my laptop is asus K43sa and I can't find the drivers.
the other problem is we need to change our HDD format to GUID Partion and if you do that, you'll lose everything on your HDD. I wish it weren't like that.!!!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Good job!
What I still don't get is why we have to start with 10.6 and upgrade to 10.7 or 10.8, while ordinary Macs are able to boot directly from the OSX DVD (like 10.6 does), if you burn the DMG from the installer from the store.

What I also don't get is why this comment has been deleted?

Hi :)
I've some issue with the audio!
I've raltek alc892
but it's not working at all! I try every audio driver but nothing!

my spec:
Intel i5 2500K
ASRock P67 Fatal1ty Professional
AMD HD6870
8Gb Ram 1600Mhz Corsair Vengance

I installed this on a partition to run in dual boot with snow leopard but when I run multibeast, i get stuck on the apple boot screen upon reboot. I am following this guide to the T. Anyone know what's going on? Am I not supposed to try and run both SL and ML?

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I'm running a GA-H55M-S2V with a i3 540, and MSI N8400GS-D512H graphics. I tried to perform an update to my 10.7.4 machine, and have no problem installing ML using UniBeast 1.5.3. However, when I try to boot into the ML updated drive using UniBeast, I am getting a hang at [PCI Configuration Begin].

I tried the NPCI=0x3000 boot flag, but this caused the boot to hang 2 lines earlier than before. I then booted into my backup 10.7.4 lion instance and ran MultiBeast 5.0.2 against the 10.8 instance, but this didn't seem to help either. I used the appropriate DSDT when running MultiBeast, but I am not sure whether or not running MultiBeast against a drive that you are currently not booted into is a supported/recommended use of MB. I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

I should point out that I selected "Legacy USB Support" in UniBeast, as my MB is a Socket 1156. I couldn't find the way to determine if my MB had a rate matching hub, and so I erred on the side of caution.

Any ideas on what I should try next in order to be able to boot into 10.8? Prior to ML, I haven't had a single install issue with this machine, since 10.6.3 (if memory serves, that was the my first hackintosh OS nearly 2 years ago).

Thanks very much!

You may already have worked this out - but in case it helps....

I am a total noob and have spent the past week battling with the same issue on an EVGA P55 FTW. Steep learning curve! Eventually I was able to get to the installer by NOT using the legacy USB support (google your MB or check support forums), and the boot flag -NPCI=0x2000. Everything else I had to tweak was either BIOS or video card related (an old GFX 8800GT). As of right now I am installed but still a way to go before I can say I am fully operational!

I have a GA-Z77-D3H and a i5 Intel Core i5-3570K (Modell BX80637I53570K). I use the on board grafics, HD 4000. After 3-4 min i get a black screen. Any one knows why?

What kind of weirdness can one expect by not formatting the drive as a GUID partition? I did it wrong last night and I'm having some odd issues (settings not being saved, magic mouse second button not working, etc.) and I'm trying to figure if this one misstep explains my issues or if there's something else I'm missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back