CPU
n/a
Graphics
n/a
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got a USB drive, Im waiting for my parts for ivy bridge build, I got the instructions but...I got no Mac. Every time I Explain what I'm trying to do to a Mac owner they look disgusted and quickly walk away as if I asked them to help me rob a bank. This leaves me feeling very hurt inside and I have to hold back my tears n look away :( Could someone please help me? I need a bootable stick w mountain lion set up the tony Mac way. Are there ppl out there selling sticks for ppl like me? I really want to have a legit system instead of a t*****t version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
n/a
CPU
n/a
Graphics
n/a
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Why wont anyone let me use their Mac to make a bootable drive?

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
core i3
Graphics
intel hd
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I don't have any gpu on my pc can i install mac os x 10.8.2 on my pc. My pc configuration is Intel core i3-540 M/B Intel dh55pj 4 gb ram 500 gb hdd Thanks.

Obvious Answer Man

Super Moderator
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I don't have any gpu on my pc can i install mac os x 10.8.2 on my pc. My pc configuration is Intel core i3-540 M/B Intel dh55pj 4 gb ram 500 gb hdd Thanks.
No, H55 graphics are not supported.

Motherboard
gateway dx4860
CPU
core i5 3.0ghz
Graphics
evga gtx560i
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

works in my PC awesome!! thx tony...
my spec is gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo F3 with core2duo!!

Doesn't work in mine!!!!! I installed osx (albeit with some difficulty)... got to look at and use the os (without sound or internet access)... used multibeast as instructed above; installation kept failing. Reinstalled osx a few times. Finally all the installs above completed successfully... when I restart the system (hopefully to make all the multibeast installs effective; IE sound and internet)... I get a huge string of gibberish numbers and words down the apple load screen, and a window telling me to restart the system.

I restart the system, and am told "there is no bootable drive; insert one and restart" (even though the osx USB is still plugged in). I do nothing except restart over and over and eventually it reads the usb/hd and allows me to select to boot from the USB or the HD - and the HD fails to boot.

Currently, I am still getting the string of gibberish and "please restart," but it no longer waits for me to restart it, it restarts itself. I then get the choice between USB or HD, and the cycle repeats.

I can ONLY get in by typing -x at the boot option screen to enter safe mode with only basic drivers. I have internet access in safe mode.

WHAT IS WRONG!? Which of the .kext files in /s/l/e is causing the system to not boot properly, and for there to be no sound??

Motherboard
GA-H77-DS3 Rev.1.1 - F7
CPU
core i3-3225
Graphics
RADEON 5570
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This does not work on ga-h77-ds3h :

Unable to find driver plateform, the worst hack i built

Motherboard
mac osx mountain lion
CPU
2.4 duo core
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Well i can get the mac installer up only by using safe mode but then when its complete and restarts it hasnt worked

Motherboard
mac osx mountain lion
CPU
2.4 duo core
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Well i can get the mac installer up only by using safe mode but then when its complete and restarts it hasnt worked
it basically gets stuck at the apple logo screen

Motherboard
mac osx mountain lion
CPU
2.4 duo core
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

it basically gets stuck at the apple logo screen
bit of progress i can boot on the harddrive now but again only in safe mode, any had this issue before?

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
core i3
Graphics
intel hd
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

to Obvious Answer Man if i buy a grapich can i install mac os x 10.8.2 on my pc and thank you for your respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.