Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the easiest guide... successfully upgraded...

but having problem with USB 3. If i insert the pendrive into usb3 port before turning on the machine, it works. but if i insert it while the machine is running, it doesn't work...

unless this problem, i think, everything is working...

GREAT WORKKKKK on my pc ( i5 750k Gigaby H55M-USB3 v. F11 HIS5670 ) upgrade ML 10.8 to >>> Mevericks 10.9 NICE<br><br>

-i'm copy DSDT.aml , smbios.plis , org.chameleon.boot.plis from ML /Etra >>> to Mev /Etra USB Mouse/Keybord Work

Works for me :Z68AP-D3 F8,I5,8GB.
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=1
Thanks

new here. Had a flawless install with GA-Z87X-UD5H - 4770K - HD4600. I'm using old 22" Apple Cinema display. Cannot see bios with cinema display (blank screen), but used my HDMI TV to set it up and install Mavericks. Now, after successful install, switched back to CD, and desktop shows up. Still testing if it all works. Will report later. Thanks to this great forum!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

That board is awesome! Pretty high dollar, too. Most likely you're right. I'm sure with the auto settings, it calculated and changed the voltage for you.

I set mine up with a 20% increase in performance, which made it 4.3 Ghz and it automatically set the voltage to about 1.37 which is a bit high. I was running around 94C in a few moments.

I was actually trying to get it stable in Windows 7. I heard blue screens were memory related issues and freezes or restarts were processor. Seems like I could get the CPU stable but not the memory. Have it set on SMP profile 1. Everything runs good and I'm satisfied. Altough, now in Mavericks I can't get the system to shut down. It shuts down and starts the system back up.

Windows on the other has a TON if issues. I must have spent more time getting Win7 working properly than I did OS X. I think time sync is corrupt for good. But I went ahead and ordered Windows 8.1. Wonder how it'll be. More of a Mac user but I think it would be nice to have both of the new OSs installed.

P.S. You say you never changed the voltage, but have you ran it for stability? I think it takes about 24 hours to confirm that. Here's a link for the 4770k.

Running at 4.3 GHZ, my max temp using windows 8 is 44C. I am using Corsair H55 liquid cooled and NZXT Case

Edit : Just did a stress test , my Vcore Temp went up to 70C, guess Sandy Bridge is much lower and better than Haswell in terms of Overclocking. Was going to sell my i7 Sandy bridge but might keep it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 1.17.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 1.17.57 AM.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 1.18.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 1.18.39 AM.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 116
This is awesome - no hassle install on Asus p8z68-v pro with i7 2600k and 770 gtx - stuff just works out the box so far...

Thanks Tonymac and Macman for all of your work over the past few years!

I just wanted to confirm success using Multibeast on the Asus Rampage IV BLACK with a 4930K (via kernel patch) and 64gb Ram!!
All onboard hardware works flawlessly including audio, ethernet, wifi, bluetooth and USB 3 (some require kexts to be edited with device id's) and also using C1E for minimal speedstepping.

If I get a chance in the next week or so, I'll post a build log :)

Thanks again!

Works great, but no sound on my asus p5w dh deluxe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back