Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guide was smooth reading ! Everything installed like a charm. Thanks guys for your hard work and effort ! I love this site ! If anyone needs help installing let me know.

Mobo: P8Z77-V Deluxe
CPU: i7 3770k OC @ 4.2
GPU: MSI 7970 OC Edition

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

just wondering about this "4. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it"
my Gigabyte bios does not say "VT-d" anywhere. I do see "
Virtualization Technology". is this what you are taking about? or something labeled VT-d?

The k processors don't support VT-d so thats why it doesnt appear in your bios.

done,all thinks work perfect on G1SNIPER 3
thanks very much...

No wonder my VT-D is dimmed out. I am using 4770K

Is it true the 4770k is bad for overclocking? I can't get it stable past 4.0Ghz.

Thanks. Apparently the Maximus board is needed. At least from what I can tell. I tried nearly every setting and combination possible. Seems like the 1600 ram is holding it back. Used the article below as a guide.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/overclock_intel_4770k_guide/

Thanks. Apparently the Maximus board is needed. At least from what I can tell. I tried nearly every setting and combination possible. Seems like the 1600 ram is holding it back. Used the article below as a guide.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/overclock_intel_4770k_guide/

I think is all about the mobo, I am using Z87X-OC Force , I enabled turbo to 4.3 Ghz without even touching any voltage settings. Never even had a crash.

I think is all about the mobo, I am using Z87X-OC Force , I enabled turbo to 4.3 Ghz without even touching any voltage settings. Never even had a crash.

That board is awesome! Pretty high dollar, too. Most likely you're right. I'm sure with the auto settings, it calculated and changed the voltage for you.

I set mine up with a 20% increase in performance, which made it 4.3 Ghz and it automatically set the voltage to about 1.37 which is a bit high. I was running around 94C in a few moments.

I was actually trying to get it stable in Windows 7. I heard blue screens were memory related issues and freezes or restarts were processor. Seems like I could get the CPU stable but not the memory. Have it set on SMP profile 1. Everything runs good and I'm satisfied. Altough, now in Mavericks I can't get the system to shut down. It shuts down and starts the system back up.

Windows on the other has a TON if issues. I must have spent more time getting Win7 working properly than I did OS X. I think time sync is corrupt for good. But I went ahead and ordered Windows 8.1. Wonder how it'll be. More of a Mac user but I think it would be nice to have both of the new OSs installed.

P.S. You say you never changed the voltage, but have you ran it for stability? I think it takes about 24 hours to confirm that. Here's a link for the 4770k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back