Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I have windows 7 on my laptop currently. If i follow all the steps, will i lose my windows 7 and end up with Mavericks only?

If one uses "Paragon HD Manager Pro 12" or later, will be able to convert from MBR to GPT without losing any data...

Good luck :)

hi guys... so everything worked out great for me. I installed maverick and everything is fine. But I try to do a dual-boot and install windows and I can't not. I get to the first part of the install and all of a sudden the keyboard and mouse does not work. Its weird... but i think all my USB ports go off line. But when i restart with maverick everything is fine. I even got the sounds and everything... I just want the best of both world but I guess i can settle with having OSX for now until i find a fix... pls help if you can.

Specs are:
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87

Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ

EVGA GeForce GTX770 Classified with EVGA ACX Cooler 4GB GDDR5

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz

Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i

Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive SATA 6Gbps 64MB Cache 2.5-Inch

I know your fail, so go to your BIOS and than to Peripherals and Device Config.
On top you see the xHCI mode and on this you select smart auto, save the BIOS, EXIT...
restart and there you go.

Holy man, I'm speechless, awesome! Just love this website and all the info that it has! Awesomely great work!

Thanks defbref; it turns-out I had multiple problems. First, Unibeast was not installed properly, and once I got that sorted I got an "untrusted" error and eventually found my way here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/102443-unibeast-troubleshooting-notes.html

which told me I might have to get an Apple Software Installer patch, which I got here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1512

and now Unibeast is running and I assume will complete from here out. Man, this was crazy hard! I learned a couple things along the way: my App Store download got blasted in the very first Install attempt, and the backup I'd made to my NAS wouldn't copy-over properly so I had to put it on a USB drive to install. Then the Unibeast install problem which I solved by DL'ing it again, and finally the UNTRUSTED problem.

I have one complaint about Unibeast--I have made a USB stick without knowing exactly which of my various hardwares I'm going to install Mavericks to just yet, including an Intel NUC as one option. So I don't know if I need(ed) Laptop Support. I left both it and the Legacy USB options unchecked.

This Snow Leopard platform I'm running to make this USB stick is flaky as hell which is why I've been trying to get the huge (for me anyway) Install Mavericks download safely off-loaded, though I guess now I know my NAS backup has worked, tho as I said I had to copy it to a USB drive.

Whew!!!! o_O

Customac Mini Deluxe Success!!

Followed above guide to the letter - no problems or hitches at all.
Spec:
GA-Z77N-WIFI
i5-3570K
nVidia GT640
SSD
16GB Vengence

Selected Easystart DSDT Free option in Multibeast 6
only extra was in Audio - added ALC892
Thanks again!
(donation made)

Status
Not open for further replies.