Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

You can perform the installation over your existing installation. If you are worried about losing data or having an updated installation that you are unable to boot into then consider creating a clone of your SSD/HDD onto a second drive and apply the update to it first to see if everything goes smoothly. If you have problems then you still have an installation that you are able to boot into and work from.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/107766-how-do-software-updates-best-practices.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/173-backup-solutions-your-mac-customac.html

Adrian B

thanks for the reply, Adrian. Just want to clarify....I can update from App Store and not have to go through unibeast and the whole setup, right?

thanks again.

thanks for the reply, Adrian. Just want to clarify....I can update from App Store and not have to go through unibeast and the whole setup, right?

thanks again.

You can click the Mavericks installer and follow the instructions on the desktop. You might want to download MultiBeast 6 to your desktop before you start, just so it is there ready to use.

Adrian B

You can perform the installation over your existing installation. If you are worried about losing data or having an updated installation that you are unable to boot into then consider creating a clone of your SSD/HDD onto a second drive and apply the update to it first to see if everything goes smoothly. If you have problems then you still have an installation that you are able to boot into and work from.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/107766-how-do-software-updates-best-practices.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/173-backup-solutions-your-mac-customac.html

Adrian B

thanks again.

Hi. First of all, thank you very much. It worked like a charm. The only think is iMessage with the Message app. I am not able to register my apple id with iMessage. Is this a current problem, or only my problem.

Thx
bb1735

GA-EX58: Mavericks works

Many thanks to all at Tony Mac and the contributors to this forum! :thumbup:

My GA-EX58, i7 with SSD finally works like a charm. For whom it may concern:
Unibeast installation flags:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=1
npci=0x2000
darkwake=0
-v -x

On restart use the flags with the Mavericks boot as well

Multibeast tags:
DSDT Free
Audio: without DSDT ALC889a
Network: Realtek rtl81xx
Video: nothing
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Good luck!

I downloaded Multibeast 6.0 before installing Mavericks. Installed X no problem, re-booted using USB to X, went to start Multibeast and got - "Multibeast.app" can't open because it is from an unidentified developer. Any ideas?

As soon as you get the error, dismiss it then go into "System Preferences" -> "Security and Privacy" and select to run the app from there, you can also change to "Allow apps from Anywhere" if you so wish.

Installed on a GA-P35-DS3L, Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4G Ram, MSI R7970 Lightning.
After install i ran Multibeast 6, I used DSDT, after reboot, i installed legacy alc888, ln2mac ethernet, rebooted again, removed the wireless and ethernet and blutooth from network, deleted the NetworkInterfaces.plist and Preferences.plist from Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration,
rebooted and ethernet set to eth(0), iMessage,iTunes,AppStore,iCloud all work..

Wow! Install went basically flawlessly on my old Hackintosh.

(Gigabyte P35-DS3R motherboard, Core2 Duo 8500 processor running @ 3.16GHz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5000 512 MB, Samsung 840 series 250Gb SSD. I was running Lion up to know.)

It is mandatory to actually download the Mavericks install App from the App store. A t*****ted copy just won't work.
First Mavericks was installed on an old 200Gb SATA hard drive, to check the feasibility of the upgrade on this old motherboard-processor combo.
Then the SSD running OS X Lion was Carbon Copied to a separate hard drive, making sure that the copy-drive actually boots. Then I did a clean install of Maverics on my SSD, did some minor tweaking in Multibeast and migrated all my applications, files and settings back from the Lion-copy using Migration Assistant.

So far everything works as expected (with the exception of iCloud), but I will keep the bootable Lion Drive just in case.

Thanks for the fantastic work!
Redstone from Hungary

Last edited by a moderator:
The update works great!! The only problem I still have is no audio. "The selected device has no output controls." I have the GA EP45-UD3P board, has anyone been able to get audio working with this? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back