Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everybody,

So nice Install with an old motherboard MSI P45D3 Platinum, Intel Q9400, 10Go RAM, GeForce 210 1024Mo, SSD OCZ Agility 3 64Go, ALC888 onboard sound.
Boot Ok with DSDT P45D3 Platinum, GE=Yes, PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0x2000, Sleep Work.
Very most fast than ML 10.8.2

Thanks a Lot

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Just a reminder- we've switched up the default boot flags to GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes. You may need to use alternate flags at the boot screen.

If you have a UEFI based system, such as Gigabyte Z77 and Z87,

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

may be needed for NVIDIA 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 5xx graphics cards to boot the installer.

If you have an older Award BIOS, such as Gigabyte P55 or Z68,

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

may be necessary with NVIDIA 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 5xx graphics cards to boot the installer.

Any chance then of adding in these options to the UniBeast installer in the same way as one can select Laptop Support, Legacy USB Support, etc?

For what ever reason, unibeast always tells me time for installation less than a minute (right after starting) and is finished just 3 or 4 minutes later. After that, the maverick install app just shows 20 MB and nothing else?? Whats wrong here?

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Any chance then of adding in these options to the UniBeast installer in the same way as one can select Laptop Support, Legacy USB Support, etc?
Yes, by using MultiBeast 6 to change your defaults.

Thank you once again.....

Just updated MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt to Mavericks.

• Downloaded Mavericks Unibeast 3.0.0 & MultiBeast 6.0.0 on my rMBP
  • Copied all three to USB HD
  • Booted Hackintosh into Mountain Lion
  • Copied Mavericks install directory from USB HD to Applications folder
  • Copied Unibeast and Multibeast to desktop
  • Formatted USB HD as 1 partition & MBP;
  • Ran Unibeast and created boot drive on USB HD
  • Rebooted computer and entered BIOS
  • Changed boot drive to the USB HD
  • Rebooted and installed Mavericks to Mountain Lion drive
  • Rebooted and selected USB HD again
  • Selected Mountain Lion Drive from that menu
  • Ran Multibeast and selected options - (Quick Start - DSDT Free, Drivers - Audio/Realtek ALCxxx/without DSDT/ ALC892 + Misc/USB3.0 + Network/Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v.0.0.90 + Customise/1080p Display Mode) then BUILD and INSTALL.
  • Once complete simply rebooted to normal SSD drive for Mountain Lion and renamed the drive "Mavericks"

Thanks guys, everything went on smooth

Very Nice,
but please add between step 13 and 14 to chose "Mac App Store Mavericks - 10.9", its at the picture but not in the description

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH i7 3770 Samsung 840 pro HD4000 connected MDP

Created UNIBEAST USB stick per instructions. Must have the installer saved locally. Took a while to create seemed to hang, just be patient. Install was quick. During the reboot is when I started having the boot loop issues. Tried boot flags and nothing. Did re-install and nothing. Long story short, during the reboot after the initial install you need to boot from the USB stick again and select the HDD where you installed from. Then run multi beast and update chimera. I also did network,sound,esata. That took a while also. Rebooted and everything is working. TRIM seems to work without 3rd party app. Sleep works. iMessage and app store working.

- - - Updated - - -

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH i7 3770 Samsung 840 pro HD4000 connected MDP

Created UNIBEAST USB stick per instructions. Must have the installer saved locally. Took a while to create seemed to hang, just be patient. Install was quick. During the reboot is when I started having the boot loop issues. Tried boot flags and nothing. Did re-install and nothing. Long story short, during the reboot after the initial install you need to boot from the USB stick again and select the HDD where you installed from. Then run multi beast and update chimera. I also did network,sound,esata. That took a while also. Rebooted and everything is working. TRIM seems to work without 3rd party app. Sleep works. iMessage and app store working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back