Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Info!

I updated yesterday from my existing Mountain Lion 10.8.5 to Mavericks thanks to Unibeast 3.0 & MultiBeast 6.0

I had a while to get to the Mavericks installation screen! my Monitor/TV always lost the signal right before the installer should start, so always black screen.
Then i have tried out some flags, and finally i was lucky with "PCIRootUID=1" & "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"
seems logical as i have my GraphicsCard in PCI 1 Slot, and also my bios is set to slot 1.

After Installation i used MultiBeast and checked those boxes:

QUICK START:
- UserDSDT - I used a pre patched DSDT file for my Motherboard from Tonymacx86 Forum DSDT Download Section.

DRIVERS:
- DISK - TrimEnabler
- MISC - FakeSMC
- MISC - FakeSMC Plugins
- MISC - FakeSMC HWMonitor Appliication
- MISC - USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
- NETWORK - Realtek - Lnx2Mac’s RealtekRTL81xx

BOOTLOADERS:
- Chimera 2.1.1

COSTUMIZE:
- BOOT OPTIONS - Generate CPU States
- BOOT OPTIONS - GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- BOOT OPTIONS - Hibernate Mode Desktop
- BOOT OPTIONS - IGPEnabler=Yes
- BOOT OPTIONS - PCI Root ID Fix
- BOOT OPTIONS - Use Kernel Cache
- BOOT OPTIONS - 1080p Display Mode
- SYSTEM DEFINITIONS - Mac Pro 3,1
- THEMES - Tonymacx89 Black

No Audio Driver needed as i have a External Audio Interface and already have those drivers.

Many, Many, Many Thanks!!!!!!!!! Tonymacx86 & Team!

My System seems to run very fine!

System: Hackintosh
Boot loader: Chimera v2.2.1
CPU: Intel i7 960 (3.30GHz) Quad-Core
MB: Gigabyte x58a-ud3r r2 (Bios FF)
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTS 450 OC (1GB) DDR5
nVidia CUDA Driver Version: 5.5.28
Official Apple GPU Driver Version: 8.18.22 310.40.05f01
Ram: Corsair 6GB DDR3 (1600mhz)
HD: Intel SSD 520 Series 240GB
Monitor: Sony Bravia 1920 x 1080 - (42 Zoll)

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I booted to installer successfully by Radeon HD 6850 Graphics Card. Fortunately now the problem with white screen is solved!!! :)

and what did you do to solved this problem?

Nice. I will do the update method and report any issues.

Any issues updating apposed to a fresh installation?

i downloaded mavricks and after some messing around it worked on my gigabyte up4-th

Thanks for the tutorial

Gigabyte B75M-D3H, eVGA GT 650 Ti, i3-3225 - updated to 10.9 via UniBeast 3.0 install. Used Mutlibeast 6.0 afterwards. Everything works, Except iMessage which was working prior in 10.8.5 or 10.8.4 whenever I last ran it.

I had to delete AppleTyMCEDriverkext because it creates kernel panic. (It's added with mac Pro 5.1 definition in Multibeast). Using my old VoodooHDA 2.7.3 kext that I used in ML 10.8.x. Using Realtek 8111 driver from Multibeast. DSDT Free.

I'm unable to get iMessage to work with latest Chimera 2.2.1 (chameloen r2248 I think), made sure my serial is 17 digits and I tried using both FileNVRAM 1.1.3 / 1.1.2. Seems the default NVRAM UUID (4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14) keeps coming back after each reboot (nvram -p in terminal) and may be conflicting with my actual UUID in system information because both are listed. It tells me "Your Apple ID "[email protected]" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time". I'm still working on the iMessage issue though.

Anyways I donated $20 to the cause since I was already prepared to send $20 apples way for mavericks anyways :D Thanks everyone for such a great community!

iMessage , not connecting with apple account.. Any solution.?

How to fix the iMessage login problem on your Hackintosh

- Open Finder, and go to /Extra in your main hard drive.
- Inside this "Extra" folder open "Modules" folder (if it not exist create a folder named "Modules".)
- Then, download FileNVRAM.dylib.
- Drag FileNVRAM.dylib into your "Modules" folder. This is equivalent to installing the file.
- Finally, reboot your computer.
gl hf.

ASUS P8 Z68-v Pro running 10.9 with with all functions working 100%. I did have to switch my monitor ports/connections as my dual cards were not recognized. . . ! Thanks to all as your posts and contributions have helped!

Did the update today and it worked really well! Had to use Multibeast to get audio running but the dirty update was easy.
i3 2555
GA-H77N-Wifi
Samsung 840 evo SSD
8 GB 1600 RAM

success, just do step by step tonymac tutorial
in my hw i just apply audio alc, nothing else in multibeast + dsdt to my motherboard
GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
RAM 8 GB
cpu i5
GT 650 Ti Boost 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back