Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated via the unibeast/multibeast way,didn't have to use any boot flags on setup.
everything is working 100%,very happy :)

thanks again tonymacx for speedy support without you's then building a mackintosh wouldn't be possible ;)

my rig - GA-H55N-USB3,I5,8GB,Radeon 6870

In loving this system is great got no problems with the install everything was smooth and working all I need is hdim audio and I'll be set

I'm into the desktop using the provided instructions, and have managed to do the upgrade from ML. This is the 2011 Customac Mini build as posted (core i3 - hd3000 - h67n-usb3-b3). I may have set something wrong as certain games (Green Farm, Civ IV, and XCom [from Steam]) are crashing with a seeming direct x error. I'll do more searching...

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Currently, the App store is giving me trouble. Initially it was telling me that there was an unknown error, and I deleted my NetworkInterface.plist, as some of the guides said in the forums. Now I get 2 errors when i try to update the official Mac apps after it has me sign it-- it says "This update is for an app downloaded with a different Apple ID. Sign in with that Apple ID and try again." and then on the next page "There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (null)". Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

Intel DX38BT MB, Intel Q9300 Cpu, 9Gb Ram, Nvidia Fx570 - Mavericks works great. Thank you Tonymac !
Installed 10.6 -> 10.6.8 -> 10.6.8 install fix -> 10.9 using Unibeast, Multibeast(w/o EliottRTC - caused panic on previous installs).
Not working: I`m still booting from USB, will get Chimera working.
Thanks again!

Everything is fine for me, except getting this error from the app store: "This update is for an app downloaded with a different Apple ID. Sign in with that Apple ID and try again." and on the next page "There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (null)". Does anyone know anything about how to get around this?

hey guys i upgraded my system from 10.8.4 to 10.9 without any problem, but my machine cannot shut down completely. When i press shut down on mac, it goes into the normal shut down procedure but when the screen turned black and hard drives stopped spinning, the cup and gpu fan will continue to spin and will not stop, anyone knows what happened? my hackintosh has the following config:

i5 3570k
gigabyte h77n-wifi
kingston 8gb ram
galaxy Gtx 650 1gb ddr5

did a bit of research on google a guy used a z77 board had the similar problem but after he set the over voltage off in bios, problem disappear but my mb cannot do overclock by default and i didnt do anything to mod it. please advise what should i do or what have i done wrong, thanks

I'm trying to install Mavericks on a GA-P55M-UD2 F11 with an Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB card. After the apple logo appears, the screen goes black and the monitor is going to sleep. I tried the boot flags writing them as outlined above (with no "-" in front) and did not work

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

If you have an Intel CPU with a built-in GPU, try using that before using the Nvidia card. I'm not sure the 9500 is supported, but it's pretty common. I would enable the Intel CPU's built-in graphics processing unit and install with that. After the install, you can then insert the Nvidia card, and the OS should recognize it.

Good luck.

What this means is that you have software from the Mac App Store installed on your system that is tied to two different MAS accounts.

So before you can update you need to log into the other MAS account and update it's software, then log out and into the original account and then update.

I got this error with iWork that I bought several years ago on CD at Best Buy. I uninstalled and then reinstalled it and that didn't help. I think there may be a problem with the oldest versions of iWork on CD. My version is iWorks 09. I decided to go ahead and buy Pages and Numbers from the App Store after uninstalling the 09 version.

I know it's not a good answer. I hope another solution comes up eventually.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H with Gigabyte nVidia GTX 660 and i7 3770K (my bios has the phy lan disabled and the IGP disabled)

My first attempt to create uniboot drive failed; rebooted, plugged the drive into a rear usb port, and labeled the drive "USB" as per the instructions, and everything went fine from there.

The install from USB was flawless, no command strings required.

Using dsdt free; selected: trim, 898 audio, intel lan driver, realtek lan driver, i5/i7 cpu, and 1080p display mode in multibeast.
Also selected iMac 13,2 as system definition since it is Ivy Bridge.

rebooted, everything works 100%. All usb ports, video, audio, lan, firewire, LG blu-ray drive

On this motherboard, the second network is Atheros rather than Realtek so you might want to change that. I am going to use the 1080p display settings and the iMac 13,2 system as you did. I didn't find the settings for trim or the type of CPU. I did find the setting for the 1080p display but didn't select it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back