Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job!

Previously my Board - a SuperMicro X9DAE Series - with 2 CPUs of Intel XEON E5-26XX Series, was not able to hibernate, do power management, sleep or run in turbo mode. Now with Mavericks, Unibeast and Multibeast, it is possible to do so.

If anyone has problems on starting up, have a look at your UEFI/BIOS. Look for Intel VT-d and disable it. Mavericks doesn't support enabled VT-d.

Many thanks to tonymac and macman.

Smooth update

Intel dh55hc
SanDisk SSD
GeForce GTX 650

Upgrade from ML. Added the RealtekALC888 Legacy and Intel network in the driver section. Reboot and away I go. iMessage needed a password reset but that and iCloud are working. Same with app store. Only thing not working is iLife from disk updates but that looks to be wide spread and not hackintosh related.

Smooth update

Intel dh55hc
SanDisk SSD
GeForce GTX 650

Upgrade from ML. Added the RealtekALC888 Legacy and Intel network in the driver section. Reboot and away I go. iMessage needed a password reset but that and iCloud are working. Same with app store. Only thing not working is iLife from disk updates but that looks to be wide spread and not hackintosh related.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

What DSDT did you use?

Upgrade of my GA-Z77X-UD5H/i5 3570k computer from ML 10.8.5 to Maverick went smooth following the guide. Just one note, I chose Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HW Monitor Application in MultiBeast. After installation HW Monitor didn't work well, only the SSD/HDD temperatures were shown, nothing else. Then I chose 'Check for update' in HW Monitor. The package HWSensors.5.3.901.pkg was downloaded and installed automatically. Now it works perfectly! Maybe the version of HW Monitor should be updated in MultiBeast 6.0?

- - - Updated - - -

What DSDT did you use?

Upgrade of my GA-Z77X-UD5H/i5 3570k computer from ML 10.8.5 to Maverick went smooth following the guide. Just one note, I chose Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HW Monitor Application in MultiBeast. After installation HW Monitor didn't work well, only the SSD/HDD temperatures were shown, nothing else. Then I chose 'Check for update' in HW Monitor. The package HWSensors.5.3.901.pkg was downloaded and installed automatically. Now it works perfectly! Maybe the version of HW Monitor should be updated in MultiBeast 6.0?

Upgraded my ML 10.8.5 build to Mavericks 10.9 with no issues using the new Unibeast. Thank you Tonymac and team!

My build for anyone interested with similar hardware:
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-USB3
PNY GeGorce GTX650
Core 2 Quad Q9400
Intel SSD 330 180GB
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Antec Earthwatts 500 Watts

Awesome! Hopefully the GA-H61N-USB3 board poses no problems!

Already upgraded my HTPC minihack (GA-H61-USB3) to Mavericks. Everything went extremely easy & well. Multibeast with DSDT + audio realtek 889. Will wait to do it on the HP 4540S, I think should be trickier.

Really amazing work, guys. You rock!!!. Dear fellow hackintoshers: contribute to this site, it's rather a good investment.

Help I have this message when trying to open multibest 6

can not be opened because it comes from an unidentified developer

System Preferences/security & privacy and config allow apps

Thank you Tonymac and team for all your work!

I upgraded my ML 10.8.5 build to Mavericks 10.9 with almost no issues! I can't sign on to iMessage or the App Store. I CAN sign on to the iTunes Store.

I'll use the EFI Studio method to add the serial number of my ethernet adapter to org.chameleon.Boot.plist to gain access to the App Store. I don't know it it'll work for iMessage.

I usually partition the drive I'm installing an upgrade on, but this time I installed over my ML install and it worked great! I used all the defaults in Multibeast plus I added my sound, trim, and ethernet.

My hardware in case anyone is interested in building a CustoMac with the same hardware:

Gigabyte GA-G41MT-USB3 Rev 1.3
PNY GeForce GTX650
Core 2 Quad Q9400
Intel SSD 330 180GB
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Cooler Master GX 450w PSU
Cooler Master Elite 361

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?

Nope, it is no longer the case. I have just installed Mavericks on my UD5H running a Gigabyte 6870.

Hooray!

:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back