Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Big problem.

I was running fine on ml 10.8.3

GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770k, oc to 4.2ghz, GTX-660ti, 32gb ram, and ocz SSD 180gb disk.

I installed 10.8.3 on the SSD with tonymac back in January. It's been fine since then.

However I tried to upgrade to 10.9 and it didn't work..

I booted the unibeast stuff from usb and it installed. I rebooted and told it to then boot from the SSD.
It did but I had no sound or ethernet. I ran multibeast and tried to configure it but I didn't know what I should select and now I don't remember what I selected other than ethernet and sound, I may have selected video things too..

It finished and rebooted and now all I get is a white screen with the apple logo. I can not do anything with it at all..

How can I fix this.?????? I can NOT wipe or lose my stuff !!!!!

HELP PLEASE !!!!!!

updated from ML 10.8.5 on my i5 rig - per instructions
had to use onboard graphics, (didn't have to remove Graphics card just change bios to onboard graphics) for install

chose DSDT free - GraphicsEnabler=yes (cuz thats what I had before) as I use UEFI on my GA-z68ma-D2H-B3

rebooted -changed bios back to PEG and disabled onboard graphics

booted fine (all apps etc still there - mail, iTunes/iphone settings still intact)- had to reinstall audio driver

iMessage worked once i signed in (though I had applied the patch from Macman (I think it was him) to fix it back in 10.8.3 - not sure if that is why it worked for me or not)

**edit - itunes radio not working
**edit#2 - itunes radio working after 11.1.2 iTunes update - run software update - - - sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!

After instalation 10.9 a can't log to iMessage - plese help me how to fix it

UPDATE:

Thanx - iMessage is fixed

Everything OK on Ga Z77-DS3H, i7-3770k and ASUS GeForce Gt-640 2gb DDR3.
Multibeast for audio an lan drivers.

BTW free ilife and iWorks! it all looks amazing! thanks apple!
really ?
Only with new purchases of real Apple products that have mavericks installed.

UPDATE:
I managed to pull out my old trial iWork and installed it. App store immediately told me that there's an update to all three Apps. I tried to apply the update but it complained that the original was installed with a different Apple ID and would not update.
Lots of real mac users are having the same issue.

I managed to workaround the issue by creating a Clover USB boot disk and used the that to boot Mavericks and the update worked fine.

So Clover is doing something that satisfies AppleID issue with App Store.
Just need Chameleon/Chimera to be able to do the same.

I have now sorted it, i pushed f8 and then clicked on the drive, updated multi best and all seems good :)

Success here on PovoMac. Works faster than Mountain Lion. Everything is functional. To get to the installer, find the right combination of boot flags, which you can see in your current smbios.plist.

hey guys can someone tell me if I do this will it update and keep my programs and files or will it be a blanck copy of osx?

It will upgrade the OS and leave everything else the same. Just skip step 6 within the bigger Step 4 and you should be fine. Also make a backup before you start something like this, problems happen.

A year ago, this pc guy to the leap and build a system using a GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155. I followed this website step by step, no problems. So I have a few questions before I upgrade

DSDT - FREE: are there any settings that need to be checked that I need to know about besides the audio. I was never sure which needed to be checked or not checked.

DATA - is all your data and apps lost or will they remain -- I do have a backup.

thanks for the help in advance ...... I will have this page up on my MacBook as I do the update lolol

So my installation when pretty smooth and was able to set everything up after booting up mavericks for the first time.... but when I loaded my DSTD in mavericks using the new multibeast everything went to hell
My modo is a GA-768XP-ud3-issd Icore 7 my video card is no longer 6850 but nvidia gforce 770 but most of the hardware on my sig is the same
I tried to load just the DSTD ver 8 as that is my mobo bios version.... and got the first KP....tried to reinstall mavericks a second time after starting over but without DSTD got the same KP screen.... im not sure what to do now.... please HELP!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So my installation when pretty smooth and was able to set everything up after booting up mavericks for the first time.... but when I loaded my DSTD in mavericks using the new multibeast everything went to hell
My modo is a GA-768XP-ud3-issd Icore 7 my video card is no longer 6850 but nvidia gforce 770 but most of the hardware on my sig is the same
I tried to load just the DSTD ver 8 as that is my mobo bios version.... and got the first KP....tried to reinstall mavericks a second time after starting over but without DSTD got the same KP screen.... im not sure what to do now.... please HELP!!!!

Oops screwed that post up. Here's how to get by that kp.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/...ted-intel-based-pc-post683789.html#post683789

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back