Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

+1 for USB 3.0 not working on the GA-Z77x-UD5H. Not sure about trim support, really don't even know what that does or if it's working.

Same for GA-Z77x-UD4H, before and after installing GenericUSBXHCI v1.2.6 via MultiBeast 3.0. BIOS is F7.

TRIM is working.

I have a MacBook Pro 2006 mod, and it seems that i can´t use unibeast. What should i do?

I really want a hackingtosh on my desktop computer..

STEP 3: Recommended UEFI Settings

If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI, the options are simple.

With Mountain Lion on a GA-Z87X-UD4H, I was also setting:

- Peripherals > Init Display First: IGFX
- Peripherals > XHCI Mode: Disabled
- Peripherals > EHCI Hand-off: Enabled
- Power Management > Wake on LAN: Disabled (to avoid restarting on shutdown)
- Power Management > ErP: Enabled (to disable On/Off Charge)

Q: Are the first three still necessary for Mavericks?

Has anyone had any success with getting their overclock's back up? IMine was fine before the mavericks update, and now with the same DSDT and SSDT it stays between x16-x35? any ideas?

The installation and the post-installation both worked on my PC (intel Haswell Core i5-4570K, motherboard Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H). Great job tonymacx86 ! Thanks ! :D

Question:

Gigabyte Z77-UD5H MB.
I have completed the install and everything works (you guys rock). The question is this... With the Z77, install was easy. I need to run Multibeast. Do I go DDST Free and just install the audio drivers or did I miss a DDST file somewhere. It looks like 7 Series didn't need one.

I appreciate any help.

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard - UEFI BIOS version U1b
-16GB RAM
-Samsung 840 256 SSD
-Nvidia GT640 2GB
-Cheap chinese usb 2.0 bluetooth ebay
-retail apple airport card mod via pci

Machine works perfectly no boot flags DSDT FREE
Sound ALC889 + Sleep Wake all works

ou could put your Multibeast settings please??

For a Gigabyte Z77-UD5H Motherboard, do I just go DSDT free and install Realtek drivers only? I see no DSDT for that board, but it seems to be highly utilized for this purpose? Can anyone share the proper Multi Beast settings so I can make this bad boy bootable? Tony, this site is great... Many thanks.

Im having problems creating the USB, I've downloaded Mavericks and unibeast, followed the steps for formatting the drive, then chose mavericks 10.9 in the unibeast menu, and it gives me this message, any tips?
d0rr.png

Have success at GA-Z87X-D3H, i7-4770k and GTX 770

but the same error at GA-Z87-HD3, i5-4570 and GT 640...

Success installing Mavericks on MSI P67A-G43 (B3) mobo, i7-2600K Sandy Bridge. Not without a few bumps (easily remedied), but overall this has been the smoothest major upgrade yet, thanks to Tony.

(1) Got Mavericks via App Store. It's a little confusing because it's unclear whether you're downloading the installation file or if the App Store is going to try to update directly, but all that happens is that the installer downloads and then opens. Closed the installer, found the installer app in Applications, then proceeded with the Unibeast instructions.

(2) Created bootable USB stick with Unibeast. Had the usual worrisome issue with the install "hanging" with a minute remaining, but waited it out and it finished successfully after about 20 minutes.

(3) Booted w/ Unibeast and installed over existing Mountain Lion installation (probably not optimal, but didn't want to deal with restoring files, etc.) Installation took noticeably less time than with ML.

(4) Booted into Mavericks drive -- KERNEL PANIC! Rebooted in safe mode, just -x, didn't bother with anything else, booted up fine.

(5) Opened Multibeast 6.0 -- first had to go into System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General -> Allow apps downloaded from: and check "Anywhere" in order to run it -- and set options for Realtek ALC892 and Intel ethernet card, USB 3.0, Chimera 2.2.1. Just to be safe, ran Kext Wizard and repaired extension permissions and rebuilt cache.

(6) Rebooted -- KERNEL PANIC! Back into safe mode. I had forgotten to select the "DSDT Free" configuration in Quick Start, which installs things I forgot I needed (like FakeSMC). I had also forgotten to install NullCPUPowerManagement (resolves the AppleCPUPowerManagement kernel panic issue without having to manually delete the kext). Ran Kext Wizard again.

(7) Rebooted -- success! Audio, ethernet working fine. No probs getting into iTunes/App Store or iMessage. Updated iTunes, which did crash initially, but hasn't since then.

Everything seems OK (so far) except for two issues:

(1) Error message popup about unsigned/invalid kexts. Unfortunately I didn't record the message so I can't recall what it says. I believe it's blocking one or more kexts that Multibeast installed, but I don't know what is affected since it came up once and I haven't seen it since. In any case, I haven't noticed any consequences, so I'm not sure if it's something to be worried about or not.

(2) App store will not update iPhoto. The update shows up (version 9.5) as an available update, but when I try to update I get "Update Unavailable with This Apple ID" and "This update is for an app downloaded with a different Apple ID. Sign in with that Apple ID and try again." Other updates (iTunes, Java) went OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back