Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've installed it on ga-p67a-ud4-b3 without any problems! network works OOB! Radeon 7950 works OOB too. Like it...

Thank you so much, older board, Gigabyte EP45-UD3P intel core2Quad 9550 8g 1066 ddr2, downloaded upgrade, CCC'd my stuff first, verified booted on ccc, then install NEW and then run multi beast, restore the ALC885/889a sound and used my dsdt. all worked well, ran migration assistant and restored my stuff, all is well. everything works, thank you so much, Donation inbound!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I think I am confused....
I have one mac (pre-2007 I believe) and one imac, both running 10.6.8
When I try to upgrade to OS X Mavericks, it says it cannot complete the purchase, and won't let me download the os x mavericks.
I know both my computers are intel based, and have enough RAM and hard drive space for mavericks. Unfortunately, none of them are "upgradeable" to os mavericks.
So, when I start from the beginning, I do have a 8G USB drive. I have downloaded unibeast and multibeast, but cannot go beyond step 1, line 3 which is to download os mavericks from the app store. How do I download it if macstore tells me that they are not upgradeable? I am sure the answer to my problem is simple. Maybe I should be using different procedure than the one listed here?
Thanks so much for all your help in advance.

Only macs 2009+ are eligible for this update...

This guide should also include that the user should make sure that the security setting in system prefs is set to allow installation from anywhere.

Is this guide working for update from 10.8.5? Not fresh install i mean.

Thanks for this update. MultiBeast has always worked on my gigabyte board with excellent results.

at last multibeast comes with a better useer interface

stick to apples saying...."simplicity is the utter sophistfication "

nice work thugh

Great as always. I'm loving Tony's job, as always. Downloaded it today and running Mavericks now. I have installed it on top of Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on my ASUS X53E desktop. Few notes:

1) I needed to install WoodooHDA 2.8.4 manually from installation package after I run MultiBeast. Version which came along with MultiBeast wouldn't be installed correctly. I got messages telling about it during MultiBeast run. I ignored them and after MultiBeast completed install I rebooted PC and then installed WooDooHDA from the original package. And checked folder permissions, just to make sure.

2) If you are using Parallels 8 - BE AWARE - it is incompatible with Mavericks - you'll need upgrade to Parallels 9. It's Parallels issue, not Tony's. You are warned.

3) After installation of Mavericks I did housekeeping: cleaned caches and checked folders permissions.

Running like a charm.

Thanks again Tony!!!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Help, I can not run. Multivbest 6.0 rom tells me not a developer apple authorized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back